Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Grinds for subjects...

Options
  • 18-01-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

What are you good peoples opinions on grinds for certain subjects??

Me and my brother were discussing this and we thouroughly believe that the only subjects that really need any grinds would be

A language course (excluding english)
    Maths and
    Physics.

What are your opinions on subjects ya could need grinds for and ones ya don't need any grinds for you just need to work hard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

my top 2 for grinds needed would be

maths
    accounting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I don't think grinds are a bad idea, but I don't think revision books help all that much. I'd say grinds would be most helpful for subjects like maths, sciences and languages, where understanding, as opposed to learning off, is key. However, for subjects like Business, although it's mostly learning chunks of information, knowing how to write an answer is very, very important, so grinds would be helpful in that respect...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I think it depends on the person and how they feel about the subject and also what kind of teacher they have. I have a brillant maths teacher but decided to do grinds to get a higher grade in the subject and I think it really helps. I didn't have the best of teachers in Irish in 3rd year so i did grinds in that and went up 2 grades :)

Advertisement