Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

helppp i cant study!!

Options
  • 18-01-2010 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey I'm in 5th year and have friends doing both the leaving and junior cert!! I know I'm only 16 but feeling lots of pressure lately to get on top of my studies but I'm finding it hard to get motivated and honestly dont know where to start.
    Me and evryone like me has heard all the usual study tips ...take breaks, make notes and buzz words..blah de blah but I need some new exciting ideas to study. I've also read here about people getting up early to study, I was woundering how people have done that and if they found it useful.

So exciting study tips for us poor people and some good motivation tips pleaseee...calling all future inventors and innovators!! We need help and it will be much appreciatedsmile.gif

x0x0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

Honestly, you're in 5th year, enough said. There's no pressure. Do your homework, listen in class and revision the past day/weeks notes.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realise you wanted revision techniques for your friends too. My bad. What I do is recite things over and over, create bullet points on subjects and expand from memory and for maths I just plow through exam papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Flashcards...i'm planning to start using them tomorrow.

mp3 files...on you i-pod such as french lessons..

make songs/ rap outts stuff.....just an idea:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 whildchild

I like flashcards, especially for subjects with loads of definitions, or music, because then you can get the theory on one thing written out and grouped together.

Orals, I hear its a good thing to record your stuff on your phone and then listen to it fairly regularly, got that tip from a girl who got an A1 in German for her leaving...

Keywords and headings are good for essay style answers, or shortening them down into bulletpoints. Or if you think in pics, stick related pictures with your notes.

Irish, I find writing my notes out in simple Irish, under key headings like Teama, Mothúcain, achoimre etc. I also like revise wise revision books for Irish, just because they are different to my Irish book and give different vocab.

I think its fair enough you're studying now, I'm in fifth year too and am studying like crazy!! No good at motavation though, maybe try promising yourself a good day/night out every two weeks if you get an hours study done a night?? But then I'm doing 8 honours LC subjects....

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

When you've passed January of Sixth Year, you'll have no trouble motivating yourself, it'll be a mad panic! :P
    But I find having nice stationery and neat notes and everything filed nicely makes studying quite exciting...

Advertisement