Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prioritising web browsing / my pc on wireless network

Options
  • 18-01-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Folks,

I use an eircom netopia 3347W in a shared house with 3 others. Browsing is fine most of the time except when one of the lads leaves his file sharing software running.

I don't want to disable file sharing but would like to be able to check my email without any issues. Is there any way on the netopia modem to set it to prioritise web browsing and our my PC full stop?

Thanks
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'm not certain of the Eircom firmware, but is there anything (in Advanced mode most likely) called DiffServ, QoS, or Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM)?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

If you go to Expert Mode, Configure,Advanced and in there is QOS. Not too sure what ya do prioritise. Presume you put port80 at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Thomas

Thanks for the replies - see the screenshot of the page mentioned above - I have prioritised port 80 (I think). Can you have a look and give an opinion? Are the inside and outside ip addresses ok to remain as is?

Cheers
    Tom

Advertisement