Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long did it take to process your WHV (Oz)?

Options
  • 18-01-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I looked up usit and supposedly they're selling the Oz WHV for only 125 euros. They say it'll take 2 weeks.

I checked out the Oz government website and they are selling it for 148 euros. How long does it usually take for the government to issue the whv?

I was going to just go with usit but I'm paranoid that something will happen and i will be waiting longer (they did not say that it was gonna be 100% 2 weeks guaranteed).

Also, does anyone know any good whv/travel insurance combos?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 solas geal

Hi, mine took less that 24 hours to get with Usit (who use Visa first to process). I got it free with the insurance but think that might have been a special offer at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Goiter wrote: »
    I looked up usit and supposedly they're selling the Oz WHV for only 125 euros. They say it'll take 2 weeks.

I checked out the Oz government website and they are selling it for 148 euros. How long does it usually take for the government to issue the whv?

I was going to just go with usit but I'm paranoid that something will happen and i will be waiting longer (they did not say that it was gonna be 100% 2 weeks guaranteed).

Also, does anyone know any good whv/travel insurance combos?

Thanks
    There was a price increase with the Oz government recently, more than likely USIT have not updated their prices based on this.

If you apply via website usually 24-48hrs is the usual

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Goiter

solas geal wrote: »
    Hi, mine took less that 24 hours to get with Usit (who use Visa first to process). I got it free with the insurance but think that might have been a special offer at the time

When I talked to them about the combo they said that it would take about 48hrs with the combo, 2 weeks without.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Goiter wrote: »
    When I talked to them about the combo they said that it would take about 48hrs with the combo, 2 weeks without.

Yeah that is just BS, what they do is apply and then hold off for two weeks, it is pure BS from USIT, to make you buy the package

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

2 hours online. Couldn't belive it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I got mine in about 12 hours through the Oz government website dont use USIT it will cost more through them and it takes no effert to do it on the government website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yeah, I got a sameday response when I applied.

any more than 48 hours and you probably aint goin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Bout 2 hours got mine last week off the Australian government one :) 230 dollars which is 150 euro..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Got an email confirmation about 10 minutes after applying !

Advertisement