Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help.... Music on "The school"

Options
  • 18-01-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks

There is a peice of classical music that introduces "The school" on RTE. Its very simular to the chello piece on "Far side of the world"

I need someone to watch the program or someone watching the program to tell me what the piece is

I know its afterhours and I am subject to the usual afterhours however I like the piece and need to apeal to the mass audience.

Mods feel free to move me but give me an hour and the program will be over

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Offenbach but not sure of the piece's name. But fairly sure it's composed by Offenbach. Lovely music.

Classic music forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Wanted to apeal to the masses quickly and worried in case classical music people were in bed busy doing something else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

What's with these 'what song is it' threads? There's a music forum, use it. There's even a thread dedicated to finding the name of a song you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Its the prelude to Bach's cello suite #1.

And yes, it is very good.

• Advertisement

Sandwich wrote: »
    Its the prelude to Bach's cello suite #1.

And yes, it is very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yuR8efotI

Thank you... Your a gem. Its in my fav's

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Eh...just drop the Offen bit of my post:pac:. Isn't it gorgeous? John Bowman had a programme about death a few years back and had this as it's opening.

humberklog wrote: »
    Eh...just drop the Offen bit of my post:pac:. Isn't it gorgeous? John Bowman had a programme about death a few years back and had this as it's opening.

I am sure it features in "Far side of the world" as well. The russel crowe flick. I loved it. The music that is...

Advertisement