Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

your calling the sligo sit tigerland?

i don't know what to say , its too much

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Tigger wrote: »
    your calling the sligo sit tigerland?

i don't know what to say , its too much

:cool:

ha ha what can I say we aim to please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Any hint (by way of GPS coords or google map link) as to where the site is located?
    Any website yet? (sligoairsoft.com doesn't connect for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

Man I'm outrageously interested too, count me in for whatever's going on.....

i know

send 15 yo yos and a self addressed envelope for details

i know because i asked the same person a month after you guys did

• Advertisement

i know

send 15 yo yos and a self addressed envelope for details

i know because i asked the same person a month after you guys did

mate I'm lost what do you mean

Any hint (by way of GPS coords or google map link) as to where the site is located?
    Any website yet? (sligoairsoft.com doesn't connect for me)

hi MacAonghusa, ha ha I'd love nothing better than to reveal all but cant at the moment, they wont even let me put up a few pics until they are happy that all is sorted.

ha ha I nearly got lynched for the post I put up earlier in the tread saying photos coming soon as for the web page it was working and up but the guy doing it took it down again to fix some bugs.

are you getting much of a chance to get out and play of late ?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

it will be nice to have a place in sligo to go to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 magyver

very interested mate where you based in sligo? when can i hope to play! all the best

Danin wrote: »
    mate I'm lost what do you mean

Ia asked the man who owns a bit of land in south Sligo if he'd rent itto me for airsoft seemed ideal for a game he said abunch of guys were starting aclub or something ( he's a funny fella bit posh I know him fromdoing a bits shooting )
    I assume that it's you he's alking about
    I lef ye yo it cos I'd rather someone else be in charge

Iamright amint I

• Advertisement

Ia asked the man who owns a bit of land in south Sligo if he'd rent itto me for airsoft seemed ideal for a game he said abunch of guys were starting aclub or something ( he's a funny fella bit posh I know him fromdoing a bits shooting )
    I assume that it's you he's alking about
    I lef ye yo it cos I'd rather someone else be in charge

Iamright amint I
    thank god a members club is starting up! they are the best there is an iv played uk, irl an parts of europe. the dedication you get from a private members club is outstanding. look at MAC! one of best in Ireland wouldnt you agree

magyver wrote: »
    thank god a members club is starting up! they are the best there is an iv played uk, irl an parts of europe. the dedication you get from a private members club is outstanding. look at MAC! one of best in Ireland wouldnt you agree

Have you been invited to play at MAC ? or are you a member ?

Have you been invited to play at MAC ? or are you a member ?

invited mate. only the best are invited :) you can kiss mine mate. challenge match perhaps? you can pick your venue get it YOUR venue, ah bad joke i know :)

will it really be just a members club mate?

are you getting much of a chance to get out and play of late ?

Haven't been out in over a year. Too busy to travel so need somewhere local...
    Plinking is all i've been at.

magyver wrote: »
    invited mate. only the best are invited :) you can kiss mine mate. challenge match perhaps? you can pick your venue get it YOUR venue, ah bad joke i know :)

will it really be just a members club mate?

Magyver I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused by the above, if I've offended you in any way please accept my apologies straight away but to my knowledge I don't think we've chatted on boards before nor have we met before gaming so I'm a bit lost with regards to who you are and what you mean by your statement maybe you'd like to elaborate

is it that you want to challenge the Tigers in MAC, if that's the case I think you have to issue the challenge through Stonecold and the lads in MAC.
    Just to let you know the Tigers Team is a completely separate entity to this tread and are based in Dublin they have nothing to do with the new site being developed bar that I'm a member of their team.

I hope this clears a few things up for you

Magyver I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused by the above, if I've offended you in any way please accept my apologies straight away but to my knowledge I don't think we've chatted on boards before nor have we met before gaming so I'm a bit lost with regards to who you are and what you mean by your statement maybe you'd like to elaborate

I think he was just joking Danin as in, "i've been invited cos i'm the best, dare to challenge me? ... " ...

You setting up another team at the new site?
    I've told a few former airsofters about the site and they're interested too.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ddoom

Seems to be moving in the right direction which is great.
    It has been the main reason Airsoft is not as popular here as it maybe should be.

Just a few questions regarding the setup.

Will this be a Club Site, or open to General Public, or both?

Is it the Site Organisers intention to utilise the entire 76 acres for Airsoft related activities.

Is there a provisional date for the opening of said site.

Feel a little bit like All dressed up and no where to go, got the gear but no where to use it like so many I am excited by the prospect of being able to attend local events on a regular basis.

D Doom

I think he was just joking Danin as in, "i've been invited cos i'm the best, dare to challenge me? ... " ....

no worries but you know boards, its possible to read things in many different ways, no harm done just didn't want anyone thinking there was an alternative motive to the opening of the site. Our main aim is just provide a designated area for people to enjoy the sport in Sligo and neighbouring counties for the love of the sport because believe me their is no other reason you'd put yourself through the last year we've had otherwise.
    You setting up another team at the new site?
    I've told a few former airsofters about the site and they're interested too.
    This is my particular favorite part of the whole thing by having a designated place to train I'm hoping their will be an opportunity for a number of new teams to develop and call Tigerland their home ground so to speak.
    ddoom wrote: »
    Seems to be moving in the right direction which is great.
    It has been the main reason Airsoft is not as popular here as it maybe should be.

Just a few questions regarding the setup.

Will this be a Club Site, or open to General Public, or both?

Is it the Site Organisers intention to utilise the entire 76 acres for Airsoft related activities.
    D Doom

Its been a difficult job trying to get this off the ground but we are nearly there, the answer to your first question is kind of both, a member will have the opportunity to invite new people to play but will be responsible for their behaviour and conduct on site basically if they carry on in an unacceptable manner both will be asked to leave out of respect for existing regular players. We think that this would be the fairest approach. Basically their will be no walk ons and we would have to be informed of new players in advance.

As far as the 76 acres goes its early days but it is there to be utilised we are hoping we will eventually have it all in play it will depend on numbers and game type and experience. I know this may sound a bit vague but we will have to cater for both milsim and skermish.

ya was just a little pun joke on your tagline "kiss my axe". no worries mate where you based in sligo would be good to get local team sorted. seems to be alot of interest in sligo for airsofters i thought i was one of few

is it that you want to challenge the Tigers in MAC, if that's the case I think you have to issue the challenge through Stonecold and the lads in MAC.
    Just to let you know the Tigers Team is a completely separate entity to this tread and are based in Dublin they have nothing to do with the new site being developed bar that I'm a member of their team.

I hope this clears a few things up for you

It's a quote from an old 2000AD comic book character based on a celtic warrior, it was cool because you'd see references to Irish history, language and places back when that didn't really happen. "showing my age" ha ha and the artwork by Simon Bisley was wicked, just to give you a bit of background one of my many jobs in the past was colouring MARVEL and DC comics.

slaine20bisley1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

I'm living up in Manorhamilton and just starting to get into airsoft. Still don't have a gun or gear but I'm working on it! From what I can tell, the northwest is in desperate need of both sites and shops so a place in Sligo can only be a good thing. Best of luck and hope everything works out! If all goes well you can count me in as a regular player (when I get a gun of course). I also know a couple of lads in town (25+, I'm 30) that would be interested.

By the way, Slaine was the absolute best thing in 2000 AD. The artwork and stories were amazing! I'm really surprised they never made an animated film.

demonspawn wrote: »
    I'm living up in Manorhamilton and just starting to get into airsoft. Still don't have a gun or gear but I'm working on it! From what I can tell, the northwest is in desperate need of both sites and shops so a place in Sligo can only be a good thing. Best of luck and hope everything works out! If all goes well you can count me in as a regular player (when I get a gun of course). I also know a couple of lads in town (25+, I'm 30) that would be interested.

By the way, Slaine was the absolute best thing in 2000 AD. The artwork and stories were amazing! I'm really surprised they never made an animated film.

Thats great and you and the lads are more than welcome to play as soon as we are up and running. Hopefully judging by the response to this tread we may have a decent little club starting to form for Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Boddah101

Hey Danin,

thats great what your doing, I've just started getting into airsoft a few months ago and luving it, but hav'nt skirmished yet but i have all the gear.

I'm moving up to lovely Leitrim in mid may with the mrs., and will defo need a place to get away from her and make new friends, so count me in.

Well done man :)

Danin, if you need labor when and if the site goes ahead I'm sure I could give a hand. I literally work for peanuts, can't get enough of those damn things! Discount on membership will also be considered, but only if the peanuts are not an option.

*stealth bump*

cheers mate will keep that in mind only thing is us squirrels like to hold on to our nuts :D

Any updates on the site yet? I just read in the other section that another site has opened (or at least opened to airsoft) on the east coast, while the northwest still has nothing. Just got my M14 SOCOM on Friday and I'm dying to do a bit of skirmishing but dread the thought of sitting on a bus for hours on a weekly basis.

Sorry mate nothing new to report as of yet, great to hear you've bought your first AEG congrats on that and hopefully we'll have the site open soon and give you a place to use it here in the Northwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

It's a quote from an old 2000AD comic book character based on a celtic warrior, it was cool because you'd see references to Irish history, language and places back when that didn't really happen. "showing my age" ha ha and the artwork by Simon Bisley was wicked, just to give you a bit of background one of my many jobs in the past was colouring MARVEL and DC comics.

slaine20bisley1.jpg

Slaine was written by Pat Mills, after he'd finished up on Charleys War, the finest war comic ever written!

Sorry mate nothing new to report as of yet, great to hear you've bought your first AEG congrats on that and hopefully we'll have the site open soon and give you a place to use it here in the Northwest.

Hmm..that's not great to hear. You think you'll be open any time this year? Just wondering because I wouldn't mind trying to get one started around Manorhamilton but there's not much point if you're gonna open one up just a few miles down the road. We'd be competing for players and that's probably not a great thing for either of us. Plus it'd be good to know where exactly you're gonna be located so I'd know if it's better to look for a site closer to Donegal or Enniskillen.

• Advertisement

Yea going of topic a bit but your right Pat Mills was a brilliant writer, he is kind of regarded as the godfather of British styled graphic novels. He took a lot of risks with Charley's War at the time and completely changed the face of British comic book writing along with it, he did a lot of research and interviews with WW1 and WW2 soldiers and he wasn't afraid to get political regarding class wars from the working mans perspective in England, he based most of his main characters on the working class. It was an extremely frank portrayal of the horrors of war, so much so, that even in some of the later re-printings of the story some of the artwork was censored.
    He also gave us Slaine, the ABC Warriors, which happens to be one of my personal favorites and had a massive influence on the development of the Judge Dredd character. He was one of the founders of 2000AD

He's even wrote some of the stories for the Doctor WHO TV series
    but now back to Airsoft ha ha, or I'll get hung ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement