Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭voodoo1

Would need to know a general part of sligo before any of us commit but i have at least 5 guy's interested.....distance to travel being the main question.
    Any information on price, General location, upper limit of members in the club, age limits (i know its been asked), number of teams allowed in the club (upper limit), frequency of outings (bi-weekly, weekly, 2 weeks, monthly, ect) and will there be an on site shop for BB's or even aeg's or gbb.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 docinabox

I know myself and about 7 or more others in Mayo who would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Would be interested in playing at the site. Would also know a few other lads who would be up for it. Local site would be great and 76 acres is a great size. Get some vehicles in there too :D

Best of luck with the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Anything new Danin?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Anything new Danin?

Sorry MacAonghusa I've been flat out the last few days and didn't get time to check the tread, I haven't really got much info for you as such only that we are aiming to be hopefully open for the June Bank holiday weekend.

But please everyone don't hold us to tight to that date it could be the week before or the week after I'll keep you posted.

sorry I haven't got much more for you lads at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

walked the site today with danin and there is some fantastic woodland in there. its going to make for some brilliant games. definatly signing up as a member when this opens up. :)

jinko wrote: »
    walked the site today with danin and there is some fantastic woodland in there. its going to make for some brilliant games. definatly signing up as a member when this opens up. :)

thanks for the vote of confidence mate

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Danin wrote: »
    Sorry MacAonghusa I've been flat out the last few days and didn't get time to check the tread, I haven't really got much info for you as such only that we are aiming to be hopefully open for the June Bank holiday weekend.

But please everyone don't hold us to tight to that date it could be the week before or the week after I'll keep you posted.

sorry I haven't got much more for you lads at this time.

No pressure, just wondering how ye were getting on :)

voodoo1 wrote: »
    Would need to know a general part of sligo before any of us commit but i have at least 5 guy's interested.....distance to travel being the main question.
    Any information on price, General location, upper limit of members in the club, age limits (i know its been asked), number of teams allowed in the club (upper limit), frequency of outings (bi-weekly, weekly, 2 weeks, monthly, ect) and will there be an on site shop for BB's or even aeg's or gbb.
    Cheers

1. Not Far from the Sligo to Dublin road
    2. no restriction on upper limit of members
    3. Age Limits (see previous posts)
    4. No limit on number of teams as we strongly advocate new teams developing and would hope that eventually we will be able organise trips for the NW teams travelling to the likes of Red barn for a day to mix with established teams and have teams visit our site in the same way.
    5. Outings depending on numbers but would hopefully be open every Saturday and Sunday through out the year.
    6. Site shop will be available for BBs and Gas and a line on really good top of the range camo gear. more news on this later.

Ooo and one other thing I personally guarantee there with never be any car tyre or sub-standard emplacements involved, I'd rather leave the area natural than to put that type of stuff in place. Any buildings will be done in timber and then clad in natural timber. These types of buildings will continuously be introduced to the site as we get a better idea of how the site will progress.

So all in all very exciting but what I will say is a club/site is only as good as its members, you could have a fantastic site and it would not be worth anything without its members participation and support.

The location sounds like it couldn't be better placed for anyone in the north west, and Sligo town is easy to find from any side of the country aswell. Proper structures made from natural materials, Shop on-site for ammo, and the possibility of opening Saturday and Sunday!:cool:

The misses will be filing missing person reports nearly every weekend when the site opens up!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info Danin!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭T Hillfiger

just wondering can anyone just pay and play there or would it be just for members?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

hi danin just found this thread and what a find it was.Sounds like a deadly site you got and you have sorted out a good set up to go with it.Fair play man,I am in for cert if you will have me.How do you become a member at the start?

just wondering can anyone just pay and play there or would it be just for members?

Sorry Hillfiger but the answer is no. We will not have a walk on policy. It will be a members club.

Joining the club is just the same as joining any existing club, we will have an open day to introduce local players to the site there after joining the club will be through invite by an existing member.
    Teams travelling from other areas would require advanced confirmation or invitation.

Hope this helps answer some questions for you

regards
    Danin

Hi danin just wondering is there a sign of an opening date yet or maybe some photo's of the site ??? :confused:

Hi danin just wondering is there a sign of an opening date yet or maybe some photo's of the site ??? :confused:

Hi Voodoo,

Funny you should ask that, I'm going down to the site on Wednesday to take some photos so I'll post them up that evening as for the opening still aiming for the June bank holiday weekend.

are you getting any gaming in lately ??

I took part in the Take Aim Warlords there last weekend and have to say the lads in Redbarn pulled all the stops out to accommodate the 60 players, it was all teams but they were all mixed together excellent day got home and was mad to get things pushed forward up here ha ha

Hi Voodoo,

Funny you should ask that, I'm going down to the site on Wednesday to take some photos so I'll post them up that evening as for the opening still aiming for the June bank holiday weekend.

Excellent news on the photo's and opening date!!!!:D
    are you getting any gaming in lately ??

no i ain't got much skirmishing in at all:mad:.....between family commitments and no car and everything else i aint got the time or the transport......but that will be changing very soon hopefully!:D

I was dusting off my skirmish gear last week...a few little things needed and I'm set. I almost nearly forgot how to skirmish.... I'm sure there will be a few on the June bank holiday weekend to remind me awful fast what I'm supposed to be doing??? ( DUCKING ):rolleyes:

As Promised here are a few pics of a part of the site, These shots are pre any installations, I'll photo stuff as it is being installed and pop them up here as we go.

I hope from these few photographs you will see the potential for the site and how it could be an amazing area to play and also why I would not want to put any Tyres or pallets into it, put it this way I think its both a skirmishers and millsimers dream either way you will not be disappointed.

and I guess for the first time on this tread I can honestly say......

Welcome to TIGERLAND lads and I hope you like what you see

(thank you all for being so patient)
    PS more photos tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Mando Commando

Sweet! Looks the biz..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

As Promised here are a few pics of a part of the site, These shots are pre any installations, I'll photo stuff as it is being installed and pop them up here as we go.

I hope from these few photographs you will see the potential for the site and how it could be an amazing area to play and also why I would not want to put any Tyres or pallets into it, put it this way I think its both a skirmishers and millsimers dream either way you will not be disappointed.

and I guess for the first time on this tread I can honestly say......

Welcome to TIGERLAND lads and I hope you like what you see

(thank you all for being so patient)
    PS more photos tomorrow.

Sweet zombie Jesus! That looks amazing! Sorry I had my doubts, this looks like it'll be well worth the wait. Couldn't agree with you more about not putting tires or pallets, it would ruin it completely. At most I'd move a few logs around to give better cover but that's about it. Maybe some camo netting to make a base of some sort. Is the whole place wooded or are there any open areas? Either way, count me in as a member. Well done man, thanks for giving us boggers a place of our own!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

Looks amazing. Just a thought, but can I suggest that it's not terribly important to get everything "just so" before opening to members? I for one would be happy to play in a woodland environment like that with no need for embellishment. As membership grows you will bring in money that will allow for the construction of appropriate bases, buildings etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is please don't delay opening trying to get everything in place. Really looking forward to it and thanks for putting in the effort.

• Advertisement

looks deadly danin fair play to ya.i want it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 senior dingdong

That looks sweet man fair paly, really looking forward to getting out there

The place looks as sweet as mama's milk.
    buh bye CQB gear....back to my good old ghillie suit and bolt action
    (the way the good airsoft lord intended me to be)
    I'm charging batteries for this site as we speak I'm that excited.
    Hello TIGERLAND I will be there soon.
    Danin, great job man.

As promised here are some more photos

DSCN2004.gif

DSCN2001.gif

DSCN1990.gif

DSCN1996.gif

DSCN1993.gif

DSCN1995.gif

DSCN1988.gif

DSCN1999.gif

DSCN1979.gif

By the way these are just insside the entrance ha ha wait till ye see the rest of it ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Looks great, wonderful to see. More land with great charactor

The place looks as sweet as mama's milk.
    buh bye CQB gear....back to my good old ghillie suit and bolt action
    (the way the good airsoft lord intended me to be)
    I'm charging batteries for this site as we speak I'm that excited.
    Hello TIGERLAND I will be there soon.
    Danin, great job man.

Believe me when I say it's a snipers dream come true, I think it's one of the few sites where you can really get into the role as regardless of range you will just never be seen ha ha

thanks for the comments

Those all natural cover bunkers look the dog's bo**ox.:D:D:D
    This is set to be legendary.

This is set to be legendary.

Thats a classic quote man thanks.

Have to say though it will be the players like yourself and the lads leaving comments above that will make gaming days to remember and in turn make the place legendary.

thanks to you all for the comments and We are looking forward to meeting you all.

I'd also like to put a big shout out to Jinko for all the help during the week

sorry for hassling i say your up to your eyes in work but i was wondering is the opening still a go for the june bank holiday weekend because its just over a week away need to start getting organised myself for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

I'd like to know too - I'll have friends up in Sligo that weekend and it would make it easy to head out for a skirmish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement