Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Function Room booking

Options
  • 18-01-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Folks,

Some advice needed please. I have recently made a booking and paid a deposit last week for a meeting room in a local Hotel where we are hosting a family gathering later on this year. It has since transpired (not from anyone in the hotel) that the room has already been booked! Without going into specifics what basis do I now have in relation to this transaction - with the deposit having been paid already and entering effectively into a contract.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

coxy123 wrote: »
    Folks,

Some advice needed please. I have recently made a booking and paid a deposit last week for a meeting room in a local Hotel where we are hosting a family gathering later on this year. It has since transpired (not from anyone in the hotel) that the room has already been booked! Without going into specifics what basis do I now have in relation to this transaction - with the deposit having been paid already and entering effectively into a contract.

Other than the return of your deposit, not much...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm a bit confused after reading your post. Did another family member book another room, or is the room in the hotel double-booked?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

No other family member booked another room...the room in question has been double booked...tks. for response so far.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No other family member booked another room...the room in question has been double booked...tks. for response so far.

You said that another source told you this, has the Hotel confirmed this is infact the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Unless it's confirmed by the hotel, then the room isn't double booked. This could all be hear say.

Maybe there's more than 1 function room, and maybe you (or the other party) haven't booked the one you think you've booked. It's meaningless until you confirm what's what with the hotel though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

A lot of large function rooms are subdivided in hotels, this could be the case here. Maybe you'd be better off ringing the hotel instead of taking the time to post here and they can clear it up for you.

Waiting on hotel confirmation to-day...as I've already said same room booked twice, an alternative will be difficult to find. Will keep you posted!

Just wanted to let people know that I got this matter sorted out - hotel ended up having to accomodate us in another function room - dbl. booking was to do with a glitch on their computer system.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just wanted to let people know that I got this matter sorted out - hotel ended up having to accomodate us in another function room - dbl. booking was to do with a glitch on their computer system.

Glad you got something sorted out, I hope the room is to the same spec as the first room you booked (size etc).

Advertisement