Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get 300mb of video to a colleague in the US?

Options
  • 18-01-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I need to get 22 video files (JVC .mod format) totalling 300mb and about 50 still photo's (.JPG format) to a colleague in the US asap. Pop them onto a DVD file and CD and into a DHL or FedEx envelope is the obvious/lazy solution but their must be a greener/faster/cheaper way to get digital content into the cloud and down into my colleagues PC.

I thought Photobucket would do the trick but I see they've reduced the size of files and volume of files allowed which I guess is understandable if disappointing.

The bizarre thing is I'll be able to claim back the cost of DHL but not a subscription to a video sharing site.

Any ideas?

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Pack all the files into a ZIP or RAR file, upload them to a site such as ziddu.com and send the link to download it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

www.megaupload.com

or

www.rapidshare.com

You don't need to pay anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

You could split the video up into 25mb chunks and send em via regular email like Gmail. Your colleague can easily join em back up at his end.

You could take the free trial of box.net and upload the whole thing. - Maybe simplest option.

Don't waste your time compressing your vids into zip or rar. Total waste of time for video. You'll gain very little in file size reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Don't waste your time compressing your vids into zip or rar. Total waste of time for video. You'll gain very little in file size reduction.
    It's easier for sending multiple files, pack them all into one file.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks all, boards.ie comes up trumps again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

cian1500ww wrote: »
    It's easier for sending multiple files, pack them all into one file.

fair point.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

www.dropbox.com

2 GB free account. I think the biggest file has to be 1gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

If you have a website, you can put them up on that and use a ftp to download in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks all, Dropbox did the trick. Easy to install and use and 2gb free. Can't say fairer than that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 cranog

wetransfer.com 2G free space

• Advertisement
Advertisement