Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduations

• 18-01-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Lads & Ladies,
    Could someone please clarify the dress code relating to guests for the graduations tomorrow as the UL website seems to illustrate the fact that neat dress is essential - as in no jeans, runners or t-shirts.

They couldn't possibly not allow jeans as this is just total stupidity. Anybody been to one already that can explain? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I believe that the dress-code is in relation to the graduates themselves, and not necessarily those in attendance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 notthebrightest

I was at the graduation this morning, and one of the lads getting a diploma was wearing jeans and a jumper. Really unusual, but possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Graduands are encouraged to wear a suit, though not essential. Neat dress (i.e no jeans) is certainly expected.

There is no dress code for guests, but lets just say don't have a quest coming wearing a shell suit or Canterburys

Advertisement