Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New to the road

• 18-01-2010 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Folks looking for some genuine help on this one...

Just go my learners permit and i have started driving lessons.

I was thinkin of buying a Peugeot 206 for my first car. I have tried getting quotes online just to give myself an idea. So far everything is over e2000 (the car i was looking at was the same price as insurance!!!!)or i dont meet "the underwriting criteria".

anybody know a cheaper insurance company for a 28 yr old woman on a learners permit??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

did you try quinn direct their fairly cheep. Iv also heard good things about 123.ie

If you can't get a quote online give them a ring and usually it can be sorted out.

Over 2000 dos seam alot for a 28 year old female, even if it is a learner.

And be advised you are not insured unless their is a fully liance driver with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I got a really good quote for my cousin off Chill.ie with very similar age and car.. Worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

axa are usually competitive for female

also try insure.ie

and some of the sertus brokers

http://www.sertus.ie/brokers.asp

get on google and the golden pages, ask around !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Don't ring or surf for quotes, call into your nearest FBD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I went with Quinn last year when I started learning and I used my peugeot 206. I was paying around 1500 which was the cheapest quote around but it went down this year. Not many companies sign up provisional drivers so you'll have a limited choice but definitely give Quinn a call or do one of those instant quotes on their website:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Axa was the cheapest for me, give them a ring. They quoted me €2,300 3rd party and €2,500 fully comp. whereas I was getting quotes of €3,500-€5,400 everywhere else.

17, male, learners permit and 1ltr Micra btw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Shane Slv wrote: »
    And be advised you are not insured unless their is a fully liance driver with you.

Eh? Source

AFAIK you are but the insurance company will try get the money for any accident back off you. They will have to pay out to any 3rd party involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

cassiedoll wrote: »
    Folks looking for some genuine help on this one...

Just go my learners permit and i have started driving lessons.

I was thinkin of buying a Peugeot 206 for my first car. I have tried getting quotes online just to give myself an idea. So far everything is over e2000 (the car i was looking at was the same price as insurance!!!!)or i dont meet "the underwriting criteria".

anybody know a cheaper insurance company for a 28 yr old woman on a learners permit??
    Forget about online quotes, get out the Golden Pages and ring every ins co and a good selection of brokers. You can save time by telling them you have a learner permit at the start of the conversation.

Advertisement