Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good players to sign for LOI teams???

Options
  • 18-01-2010 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Just started a new game with Shamrock Rovers and have 12k to spend on new players.

Any good players that I can sign that are out of contract at other clubs because I don't think Ill get anyone decent with 12k to spend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Luca Senicanin
    He's young but will develop into a quality league of Ireland player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Scour the lower english leagues for out of contract players, some decent players around

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

At the end of the season, check all the players that have been released from Premiership and Championship clubs. And if you've time, some of the top leagues in Europe. (especially Italy). Don't do this in 'player search', check each club's transfer history in early July.

And just because a player isn't interested straight away, add him to your shortlist. If no clubs come in for him, he might reconsider, and his wage demands will drop over time too. Especially younger players.

And on top of all that, you might even sell a few of these lads at inflated prices if you're doing well. I built a great squad with Athlone Town this way, and had €5million in the bank and a few improvements on training and youth facilities. They wouldn't increse the stadium though. Rage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

And when you've a few quid, you should be able to poach the best players coming through the ranks at the other Irish clubs. Tidy!!

Advertisement