Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

We drive straight through Newtonbutler heading for Cavan, then turn on to the Cavan rd to Clones, always get parked near the town on that road and always seems easier getting out back through Newtonbutler that way.
    Hopefully we will be giving the Tyrone fans a 10-15 min start going home:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pdiddypimpin

Was up at the game, Bundoran had him covered well up to half time and were up 8-6 i think it was at the break, then for some bizarre reason brought on someone else to cover him after the break, bang in goes the goal, hearts collapsed and they only got 1 point the whole second half.

Big worm son, ya would wanna get the yar facts right about that game, durkan had already scored his 1.3 by the time "someone else" had come on

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Big worm son, ya would wanna get the yar facts right about that game, durkan had already scored his 1.3 by the time "someone else" had come on

My facts are accurate "son", how could he have scored 1-3 before the break if his team hadnt got a goal in the first half?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Lets all talk nice please :) pdaddypimpin please have a think before you post if you intend posting here in future, ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A first post like that reminds me of a flickering candle. You just dont know whether it will continue to light up and brighten the place up or just fade away and extinguish in its own smoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pdiddypimpin

My facts are accurate "son", how could he have scored 1-3 before the break if his team hadnt got a goal in the first half?

Because "someone else" came on 10 mins into second half, just after durkan had already done his scorin. So as said, get facts right before you start yar blaming people for the loss

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Because "someone else" came on 10 mins into second half, just after durkan had already done his scorin. So as said, get facts right before you start yar blaming people for the loss

I thought the the change was immediately at half time but you seem to know otherwise, either way i wasnt blaming anyone for the loss, only scoring 1 point the entire second half is clearly down to the entire time not performing as opposed to that of any individuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Donegalbear

Glad Murphy's back for Sunday! Wonder if McBrearty will get a start? I think their going to end burning McBrearty out, playing to much with minors, 21's, Seniors, Vocational schools then club gaelic as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

The last thing we need on here is for this to turn out like the Hogan Stand message board with needless slagging matches started by unknown posters!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

Jaysus boys did yas hear the team for Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Team for Sunday is the same as that which started against Cavan, i.e. McBrearty instead of Hegarty.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

3.55 start now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

murphy needs new boots:D

mk2 wrote: »
    murphy needs new boots:D
    Or longer studs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote: »
    Sweet Lucky :)
    That's better :pac:

muffler wrote: »
    That's better :pac:
    It's still sweet :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

Killybegs got their asses handed to them on a plate lastnight. Kilcar never looked like losing and only for some silly handpassing over and back the field could have won by more. On lastnights evidence they will take some stopping, although may be hard to judge as Kilybegs are a poor side. Its hard to fanthom how they got to a County Final last year - maybe Joe McBrearty was the brains behind it?

No real shocks in the other games although I did fancy Dungloe to surprise Eunans. Wasn't much in it by all accounts. Anybody have reports from the other games? Heard Durcan scored 6 points for Masters.

Quarter final draw:
    Gweedore v St Michaels
    Glenswilly v Eunans
    Four Masters v Glenfin
    Kilcar v Ardara/Cloughaneely

Ardara were 8 points up tonight and lost by a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Leo McLoone with a suspected broken jaw I hear. Seemingly all hell broke loose after the game today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

So, seems highly likely that Eoin Bradley is out for the Ulster Final, if not the season. Darren Ferhill tweeting that it's a cruciate injury (same as Paddy). Derry County Board saying that the extent won't be known until after a scan tomorrow.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    So, seems highly likely that Eoin Bradley is out for the Ulster Final, if not the season. Darren Ferhill tweeting that it's a cruciate injury (same as Paddy). Derry County Board saying that the extent won't be known until after a scan tomorrow.
    He is out for the rest of the season, this is a boost for us to go on and win this long awaited title. But we cant get carried away just yet their is still 70 mins of football to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lovebud

Carrickman wrote: »
    He is out for the rest of the season, this is a boost for us to go on and win this long awaited title. But we cant get carried away just yet their is still 70 mins of football to play.

very unlucky for bradley he certainly would be there main dangerman but i wouldnt say its a boost for us more of a blow for derry and sometimes that can drive players on to try that bit harder for their team mate, and as you say there's still 70 mins to play so hopefully mc guinness will keep them focused on the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

RMDrive wrote: »
    Leo McLoone with a suspected broken jaw I hear. Seemingly all hell broke loose after the game today.

Criminal convictions are what's needed <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Typical timing of the announcement when all the tickets have been ordered by clubs..what a fuppin mess

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

According to this it applies to unaccompanied children.

I'd have my doubts about this story to be honest, I have seen one or two articles on that site that could be questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

261829_117594795000826_100002509193120_136106_4094494_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

irish-stew wrote: »
    According to this it applies to unaccompanied children.

I'd have my doubts about this story to be honest, I have seen one or two articles on that site that could be questionable.

Yep, I definitely wouldn't take that site as dependable:

GAA defends Ulster Final ticket prices: U16s not ‘banned’ from terraces | Highland Radio - Latest Donegal News and Sport

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

K-9 wrote: »

with all the shyte going on re ticket prices you would think the ulster council would have been a bit more savvy and tried to avoid any more pr disasters. major brown nosing with the punters needed to recover from this one..

Advertisement