Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Myself and the clan are thinking of heading up to Clones on Sunday. I'm wondering what is the best way to buy tickets. Should we buy before we go through the local club or buy when we get there? I'm wondering will Clones have a full house on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I just love this part of their statement
    but they are making it as affordable as possible
    In other words they want to screw people to the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

with all the shyte going on re ticket prices you would think the ulster council would have been a bit more savvy and tried to avoid any more pr disasters. major brown nosing with the punters needed to recover from this one..

Well yes, probably should put the policy in very B&W terms leaving the tabloids little to get wrong.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Not nice to see this :eek: posting it here as its likely going to effect lots of fans this sunday!

Bus operator targeted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Myself and the clan are thinking of heading up to Clones on Sunday. I'm wondering what is the best way to buy tickets. Should we buy before we go through the local club or buy when we get there? I'm wondering will Clones have a full house on Sunday.
    I'm sure their will be tickets on sale on the day in Clones it's not a sell out so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm from Derry but think Donegal will win this one.

(I live in Donegal and married to a Donegal woman, but thats not influencing my decision in any way).

NIMAN wrote: »
    (I live in Donegal and married to a Donegal woman, but thats not influencing my decision in any way).
    Oh really? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Carrickman wrote: »
    I'm sure their will be tickets on sale on the day in Clones it's not a sell out so far.

Ulster GAA have just confirmed that a 'limited number' of East Stand and Terrace tickets will be on sale on the day.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Ulster GAA have just confirmed that a 'limited number' of East Stand and Terrace tickets will be on sale on the day.

Confirmed as going on sale from 12pm at a trailer/stand outside/near Creighton Hotel in Clones.

Tir Chonnail Abu!

I think the weather will put a dampner on the attendance (no pun intended :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

muffler wrote: »
    I think the weather will put a dampner on the attendance (no pun intended :))

boom boom! The weather has 'dampened' my enthusiasm in going, still, seeing murphy hopefully getting his hands on the Anglo Celt would help

In addition.....I may have a spare €15 Hill ticket if anyone is looking for one. pm if you are interested

Just back from Clones - great win, hard to believe it's taken 19 years, so let's savour it. Work-rate was outstanding again, sure some things went our way, but maybe it's time they did.

Disappointed that I'll be away for the quarter-final, looks like I'll have to use Highland Radio on the web for my coverage!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I’m a happy chappy this morning. While Spillane, Brolly and the likes have been complaining all year about the style of football used thus far, they should look back over the past decade where Donegal played football with a more carefree attitude and ended up getting walloped in Ulster finals by Armagh. Then there was an All-Ireland quarter final against Cork where they were humiliated. The same Cork team they should have beaten at the same stage in 2006. To see how both teams went in polar opposites after 2006 was hard to take. They reached a low point last year (Armagh again) and to see such a remarkable change in fortunes is a credit to the team and management and well deserved. Kevin Cassidy, Colm McFadden, Michael Hegarty, Paul Durcan, Christy Toye and Karl Lacey to name but a few, have had some terrible times in a Donegal shirt and yesterday was their reward. Tír Conaill Abú!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lovebud

19 years of hurt put to bed.....and did they really think that they could keep us off the pitch at the end tir connail abu

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

smashey wrote: »
    I’m a happy chappy this morning. While Spillane, Brolly and the likes have been complaining all year about the style of football used thus far, they should look back over the past decade where Donegal played football with a more carefree attitude and ended up getting walloped in Ulster finals by Armagh. Then there was an All-Ireland quarter final against Cork where they were humiliated. The same Cork team they should have beaten at the same stage in 2006. To see how both teams went in polar opposites after 2006 was hard to take. They reached a low point last year (Armagh again) and to see such a remarkable change in fortunes is a credit to the team and management and well deserved. Kevin Cassidy, Colm McFadden, Michael Hegarty, Paul Durcan, Christy Toye and Karl Lacey to name but a few, have had some terrible times in a Donegal shirt and yesterday was their reward. Tír Conaill Abú!

Indeed, it tastes far better this morning than getting plaudits from the Sunday Game for being plucky losers to Cork in 06 or Armagh, again and again and again.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Indeed, it tastes far better this morning than getting plaudits from the Sunday Game for being plucky losers to Cork in 06 or Armagh, again and again and again.

Great to return from an ulster final on the right side of the result. Lets put it into perspective, Derry were missing their two best forwards but you could not fault the effort of our boys. Some of the defending was first class. Big Neil was excellent and Michael Hegarty had his best game in years.

Well some bad news, Dermot Molloy is out for 6 weeks after getting injured in a U-21 Championship tie vs St Eunans Tuesday night. N Conaill won the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

When will the quarter final take place? Can Donegal face Tyrone or Derry again if they get through to the last 8. I think that Cork would be the team to avoid if they get through. The winner of Wexford v Limerick would probably be the best draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Glenman wrote: »
    When will the quarter final take place? Can Donegal face Tyrone or Derry again if they get through to the last 8. I think that Cork would be the team to avoid if they get through. The winner of Wexford v Limerick would probably be the best draw.

3 of the 4 QF's will take place on the Aug Bank Holiday wend. The only team we can't play is Derry (if they beat Kildare).

• Advertisement

Alan Foley reporting in the Examiner that Molloy injury not as bad as feared, but a race against time for him to make the Quarter-Final.

We shouldn't fear anyone at this stage - Cork would be the toughest if they manage to beat Down, but Armagh (poor as they are at the moment) have been a bogey team for us lately. Let's not kid ourselves either, on another day, Tyrone could have been out of sight at half-time, so a rematch there would be interesting as well. Hard to know what to make of Down - really struggling against poor teams and we should have beaten them last year. But, they are building momentum.

Kildare would be an interesting match for Donegal - both teams tend to start slow, finish strong, and goals at key times have been crucial in recent wins. Not trying to sound cocky, but I would really fancy our chances against Roscommon, Wexford or Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I have uploaded some old clips from 1992 to youtube you can see them here: HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

Cheers for that Carrickman, really enjoyed watching those clips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Alan Foley reporting in the Examiner that Molloy injury not as bad as feared, but a race against time for him to make the Quarter-Final.

We shouldn't fear anyone at this stage - Cork would be the toughest if they manage to beat Down,

I reckon it will be Cork, team I hoped to avoid too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Had to get the Kleenex out watching that..... Anything in the 8min-9min pre match is great to watch, hard to believe the Armagh minors who suffered heartbreak that day against Meath came back to haunt us in later years at senior level..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

thought it was kildare wer playin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

shiibata wrote: »
    I reckon it will be Cork, team I hoped to avoid too

Oh there will be a quare hooley in my house it that happens , Im a Cork man living in Donegal married to a Donegal woman.

theboss80 wrote: »
    Oh there will be a quare hooley in my house it that happens , Im a Cork man living in Donegal married to a Donegal woman.
    Married to a Donegal woman? :eek: There can be only one outcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The amount of people who commented over the weekend that we could get Kildare... and what happens in the draw?

I call a fix!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

This will be interesting game, it is a hard one to call. Great to get a bit of a buzz going in the county though as we head for Croke Park on the August BH weekend.

Advertisement