Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

6 o clock on Saturday. Should be good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

It will be good craic for those of us that are staying up for the night not for those that will be heading back after the game it will be a late night arrival home for a lot of fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Real acid test for our boys..a feast of football in store (although I expect an intensive, if not an overly open, game of football) - looking forward to the first game too. 6 o'clock is a brutal kick off time but such is the influence of T.V. on these start times.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

whats the feeling up in donegal for the match. do people fancy them to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

rmchmufc wrote: »
    In big Jim we trust. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

rmchmufc wrote: »
    Confidence is oozing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Not a big GAA fan but that was entertainment of the highest order today, so many swings in emotion from thinking we had it in the bag only for Kildare to equalise with the last kick then going 3 behind and thinking it was all over before that epic finish :D

Great job lads, still hard to believe we've won!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Was pulling pints for the game. The atmosphere was amazing. Don't think I saw a pub go as crazy since a penalty save many years ago ! The foreign tourists eating dinner were like WTF !
    Amazing finish !

Well done to the lads. There will be some sore limbs after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Dun Doire

Well done LADS. Amazing grit and determination shown aswell as pride in Jersey. I was proud to be in Croke Park watching it today.

Karl Lacy was my man of the match. He was everywhere - arguably the finest player in the country. Definitely best defender!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Dun Doire wrote: »
    Karl Lacy was my man of the match. He was everywhere - arguably the finest player in the country. Definitely best defender!!!
    Totally and mcglynn and mcgee also played outta their skin but lacey was different class, delighted for them. the county needed that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Harps wrote: »
    Not a big GAA fan but that was entertainment of the highest order today, so many swings in emotion from thinking we had it in the bag only for Kildare to equalise with the last kick then going 3 behind and thinking it was all over before that epic finish :D

Great job lads, still hard to believe we've won!

Spot on entertainment wise, was in pub here in Bulgaria along with Mayo, Dubs and Wexford lads... all agreed 1st half was brutal and overall football was not great throughout but seen nobody leaving and all agreed was real nerve tangling stuff.. PS. all wanted donegal to win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Had a tough day trying to stream the game in Galicia, but managed to listen on Radio 1 and see bits and pieces. What an amazing finish - say what you like but the workrate and character of this team is immense and the manager must take a lot of credit for that as there is a marked change in attitude this year.

Tir Chonaill Abu!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

That one an excellent match!! :D
    Was stuck on a damn bus and only had the radio to listen too!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Absolutly delighted. Was bouncing around the front room yesterday, and then again in Donegal Town last night.

:D

Although in fairness to Kildare. It was a goal.

:o

Now roll on the semis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bomany

Arrived in Croke Park with my voicebox intact - hoarse when I left. What a tension filled game. Thought the commitment of the Donegal team was fantastic. A never say die attitude. McGee was superb. Walking up the Drumcondra Road in the mild evening air it seemed a long way off from that soaking wet day in Cavan!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

When was the last time donegal were in a semi. Has it just been 1 semi since '92?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Glenman wrote: »
    When was the last time donegal were in a semi. Has it just been 1 semi since '92?

Yep, 03 against Armagh.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lovebud

was in croker and what an emotional evening jim and the lads done us proud and thats what i seen leaving dublin proud donegal people! horns blowing flags waving and shouts of up donegal. i was in the davin stand and the man of the match in there was christy the piper never lets the side down well done christy
    UP DONEGAL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

Would someone for the love of god please tell the tv pundits that the managers name is Jim not Jimmy.

• Advertisement

niamh1975 wrote: »
    Would someone for the love of god please tell the tv pundits that the managers name is Jim not Jimmy.
    complaints@rte.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm a Sligo man and I'd like to extend a big congrats to our neighbours on a great result. Now bring Sam back to the North West will ye.:D

My voice hasn't still fully recovered from the mental evening a few days ago still have to pinch myself to see did that really happen as it is normally the other way around for Donegal, I have been going to matches since 1987 and I have never witnessed anything like that before the buzz in the stadium in those closing moments would make the hairs stand on the back of you neck!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_BHhxAm3sM&feature=share

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

It was a great finish and is one that will live long in the memory for us Donegal fans. The finish of 4 unanswered points was unbelievable :). Roll on the semi finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Carrickman wrote: »
    My voice hasn't still fully recovered from the mental evening a few days ago still have to pinch myself to see did that really happen as it is normally the other way around for Donegal, I have been going to matches since 1987 and I have never witnessed anything like that before the buzz in the stadium in those closing moments would make the hairs stand on the back of you neck!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_BHhxAm3sM&feature=share

Great watching that clip as first we have seen of it since Saturday night and could not even hear the commentary that night..
    The pick up by Murphy on the side line was sheer class in the lead up to the winning point..

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

shiibata wrote: »
    Great watching that clip as first we have seen of it since Saturday night and could not even hear the commentary that night..
    The pick up by Murphy on the side line was sheer class in the lead up to the winning point..
    Awsome pick up....yet again with another slip!! What is the story with his boots? He appeared to be wearing studs...cassidy seemed to be wearing the moulded stud version of the same boot and i don't remember him having traction problems.

Murphy's 50 yard Free was out of this world. For a man not fully fit he produced the goods big time

Ardara 2-10 Cloughaneely 0-07
    Glenfin beat Four Masters
    Glenswilly 0-9 St Eunans 0-9
    St Michaels 1-14 Gweedore 1-10

Semi-final picture far from complete

Ardara/Kilcar v Glenswilly/St Eunans
    Glenfin v St Michaels

No reports of any injuries...

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Ardara/Kilcar v Glenswilly/St Eunans
    Glenfin v St Michaels
    was the draw made already for the semis?

Carrickman wrote: »
    was the draw made already for the semis?

If it wasn't made at the same time as the QF draw, then it was on RnaG after the Gweedore/Michaels game.

• Advertisement

Did I imagine it or was there a post here with the text of a letter written to the Letterkenny Post complaining about an article on how Donegal's run was ruining the local economy?

Edit - looks like it was moved

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056351431

Advertisement