Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Did I imagine it or was there a post here with the text of a letter written to the Letterkenny Post complaining about an article on how Donegal's run was ruining the local economy?

Edit - looks like it was moved

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056351431
    It was indeed moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Time this thread was near the top again me thinks.

If you can't get to the match Century Cinema in Letterkenny are showing the game live on Screen 1 on Sunday. And it's Free !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Can you bring booze in?

maybe its just the alco in me but coke and popcorn aren't as tempting as guinness and tayto in McGinleys....

just to get everyone in the mood

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Never get tired of watching those highlights. Roll on sunday :).

• Advertisement

db280abe.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Anyone else watch the Committee Room at 7pm on RTE 2? Talk about one sided all about how great Dublin are we may as well not bother turning up if this is a taste of what the Dublin media have to come over the next few days get the sick buckets out:mad:

sure what do you expect from RTE,

we should all stop paying tv licences.... oh never mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Sure ya have the rest of the country rooting for ya ;) Dublin losing is nearly as good as Meath winning :D should be a good match, if Donegal can stay within a few points in the first half they'll do well in the 2nd. Dublin, even though it's getting better, usually fall away and take the foot off in the 2nd

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just trawling through a couple of web sites looking at the accommodation and for anyone looking to stay Saturday night there are some good deals to be had here
    Alternatively for anyone thinking of staying over on Sunday night you could just change the date over towards the top left of the page and then search

• Advertisement

irish1967 wrote: »
    db280abe.jpg

:)

Page 10 Donegal Demo.
    Page 18 The Star.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Really looking forward to the big game. Dad is a Dub (boooo), rest of us are cheering for Donegal. Have a lot of family coming down from Dublin for a holiday on Saturday. They might be out their ear by Sunday evening though! Da Dubs don't seem to be cutting us any slack at all. Tir Chonaill abu!

Also, thought it was funny what my neighbour said to me, that Donegal have a 100% record in All-Ireland finals in Croke Park!

Family coming from Dublin ? They say for holiday ... Hmmm you sure
    80825d02.jpg

irish1967 wrote: »
    Family coming from Dublin ? They say for holiday ... Hmmm you sure
    80825d02.jpg

Haha, very good. Think Dad planned that to perfection. Think he was gonna feel a bit lonely being so outnumbered by all the Donegal supporters. Must get the Hills of Donegal song ready and have a wee hooley at half time. Anything to wind up Da Dubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Have some tickets on sale for the game tomorrow.

http://www.adverts.ie/sports/donegal-vs-dublin-semi-final/821638

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

I'm still in Canada here, does anyone know of any free live streams?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

inode wrote: »
    I'm still in Canada here, does anyone know of any free live streams?

TVtykes.eu have had good ones the past few weeks. Usually starts at throw in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    TVtykes.eu have had good ones the past few weeks. Usually starts at throw in.

cool, but i'm getting domain not found for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

tykestv.eu maybe?

• Advertisement

anyone headin to orchard for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Wasn't a great match. Dublin just seemed to have a higher level of fitness and it showed in the last 15 mins. A few good points from Donegal but I think, especially in the last 10 mins, they needed to throw caution to the wind and go for it. Hopefully we'll see Donegal back next year with a more attacking force, I just hope Meath don't meet them, we would have been played off th park today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

was like watching Cliff Thorburn vs Terry Griffiths playing on a table without pockets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

Jim McGuinness and his men can be very proud of what they have acheived and hopefully build on this next season.
    Onward to victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

That Spillane commentator can go and feicin jump. The comments out of him! Such a bloody drama queen. Jaysus but he angered me!

the commentary and ****e being spewed on RTE yesterday was sickening. By the sounds of it it was Donegals fault that Dublin hit so many wides.

****in horrible and i'm gonna be surrounded by Dubs next weekend for the picnic

cock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

danniemcq wrote: »
    the commentary and ****e being spewed on RTE yesterday was sickening. By the sounds of it it was Donegals fault that Dublin hit so many wides.

****in horrible and i'm gonna be surrounded by Dubs next weekend for the picnic

cock

I'll go down fr you if ya want :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I'll go down fr you if ya want :pac:

Nooooooooooooo

No I'll go down to the picnic for him. Honestly Homer it will be no bother :pac:

Seriously though that commentating. Using quotes from the Apocalypse Now film "the horror, the horror" to describe how horribly ..."boring" Donegal are.

Saying it would be degrading the GAA if we had got through and our style of playing would ruin the whole GAA :eek: WTF?

At one point there was also mention of Donegal being the road to nowhere -.- that was by the dude in glasses with the northern accent. Couldn't quite decide if he was being nice to us at times and then switching sides :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Karl96

I dont like how the papers and rte are giving out about their style of play! its the managers choice on how he wants HIS team to play, not pat spillane's or colm o'rourke's.... tbh i think spillane was giving out and was glad of the result because he feels kerry would find it harder to break down donegal's defence than dublins.
    fair play to dublin on the win though, was disappointed in marty boyle going down so easily to connolly's push but felt that the dubs were targetting lacey for special treatment from the start, which was unfair and was just dirty tactics. i feel barry cahill should have walked for his shoulder to lacey's face! he would have been as well swinging his fist and punching him in the jaw! same effect...
    anyway only my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

People like Pat Spillane and O'Rourke think that they are still teachers and able to dictate to people the way they dictate to a classroom. They were extremely critical of Donegal. O'Rourke even said we don't want Donegal or Derry in the final. Very biased commentary to say the least. If Kerry used the same defensive system, Spillane and Co would love it, it would be the best thing since sliced bread. Spillane & Co are critical of the Donegal Defence but why when it works?? You should be critical of the opposing teams attack and its lack of ability to break down the defence.

Jim McGuinness has done an excellent job with the county team in his first season and will hopefully build on it next season. Jim and the team should be extremely proud of their achievements

Advertisement