Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Threads coming out of my one as well. And it's a "real" one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,626 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They're too dear to be coming apart so easily. Shocking.

And Donegal GAA had the cheek to be complaining in the press last week about fake tops. I bet these wear better !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭henke

Same story with mines. Official jersey bought in a well known sports shop. Wore it to Tyrone, Kerry and Cork games. Threads coming out and looking like its a few years old. Disappointed.

Time for the County Board to switch back to O'Neills I think. They make a nicer jersey too :).

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭RGM

I hope that isn't the case with the hoodies as well. I bought one when I was over a couple months ago and haven't really worn it yet (summers here are a bit warm...).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Interesting to hear about the jerseys not being of good quality. I have an Azzurri Donegal hoodie I bought a few years ago and it's still going, a little bit faded but nothing too serious. I also have a number of Finn Harps jerseys which are also made by Azzurri and I find the quality excellent although the sizing is a joke. I got a jersey 2 years ago in size medium and got a jersey last year and had to get an extra small :eek:

Anyone know how much the retro 1992 jersey is in Magee's in Donegal town? Seen it in their shop window and would be tempted to go for it instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Scrappylad

I also have an azzuri short sleave donegal sweater which is about 6 years old and I have to say you could kick it up and down the road for a month and it would still be as good as new. But this jersey is ridicoulous I took it out again this morning for a proper look . It's bobbling everywhere . I wonder would there be much point in getting on to the county board about it. It just seems that with last years success and the team doing well this year that the jerseys were rushed out and quality control was overlooked. I have a Magee tailored jersey from 1992 which was worn to football training and at every other oppurtunity as i was only 10 at the time which is in better condition now 20 years later than this 4 month old jersey which has been worn 4 times . I don't think many 10 year olds will have much left of this jersey in 20 yrs if we are lucky enough to win in 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

so letterkenny chamber of commerce looking for the AI homecomming complaining that it always goes to donegal town.... didnt see them offering for the ulster finals, league homecomings or every other team outside of the seniors:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

overshoot wrote: »
    so letterkenny chamber of commerce looking for the AI homecomming complaining that it always goes to donegal town.... didnt see them offering for the ulster finals, league homecomings or every other team outside of the seniors:rolleyes:

It's 20 years now but I've a notion they looked for it in 92 as well!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

These people are absolutely pathetic. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for any of this to have become public.

If Letterkenny want to make a case by all means they should for next year but three weeks before the final they can't be expected to be taken seriously.

Personally would rather it in Donegal as its tradition and something the town is famous for.

Taking nothing for granted when I say this. The main priority is bringing Sam back to the hills :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

overshoot wrote: »

Not strictly true. When the ladies won the intermediate cup the homecoming was in Letterkenny, but the Clanree Hotel were sponsors and that was where it was hosted.

Do agree that they have a nerve 'offering' at this late stage.

echo beach wrote: »
    Not strictly true. When the ladies won the intermediate cup the homecoming was in Letterkenny, but the Clanree Hotel were sponsors and that was where it was hosted.

Do agree that they have a nerve 'offering' at this late stage.
    they ended up there but had receptions from the leitrim border all the way there... had a marching band in to bring them onto the diamond with a huge crowd.
    for a them to turn around right before AI time and say "We feel the time is right now that Letterkenny could be the place for the team to return to" is absolute bollox though.stinks of bandwagoning politicians who should have at least kept it private. if they want to go public... do it after and offer the next one... for whatever level

The county board have confirmed the homecoming will take place in Donegal town on the 24th at around 8pm. That should be the end of that debate for this year and we can focus on what is important, bringing sam back to the hills :).

on a side note, Brian McIver taking over Derry with Paddy Crozier and Paddy Tally (who also part of the team that brought Down to the AI final)... with that bluffer Brennan gone they could be a threat next year, they wont look as clueless as they did in mcCumhail again!

Anyone know where I can get the retro 1992 jersey? Tried Magee's in Donegal Town yesterday and they had nothing. Don't know anywhere else to look. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

Anyone know where I can get the retro 1992 jersey? Tried Magee's in Donegal Town yesterday and they had nothing. Don't know anywhere else to look. Thanks.

new to you shops ,charity shops ye never know you might be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭sob1467

I've seen them on Ebay a few times for quite cheap. You probably won't find them now online cheap at the minute but a good idea would be to create a saved search on Ebay like "Magee Tailored Donegal 1992" and then you'll get an email whenever they appear there. Instead of continually checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

You'll do very well to get a genuine 1992 jersey anymore. There are companies out there that produce replicas, but they don't look as good as the real thing IMHO.

I know the current jersey isn't everyone's cup of tea (not a huge fan myself) - but look at it this way - in 20 years time it could be a classic!

Just as the homecoming story appeared to have run it's course, this story surfaces:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056747858

11 Ulster All Stars for Donegal and Colm McFadden named Ulster Player of the Year. Well deserved.

Durcan, McGrath, N McGee, MyGlynn, Lacey, Thompson, Bradley, Kavangh, McHugh, Murphy, McFadden all named as All Stars.

Well deserved one and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Just as the homecoming story appeared to have run it's course, this story surfaces:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056747858

terrible story i know and if true sickening but some of the comments in that thread aren't quite nasty too

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭RGM

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    11 Ulster All Stars for Donegal and Colm McFadden named Ulster Player of the Year. Well deserved.

Durcan, McGrath, N McGee, MyGlynn, Lacey, Thompson, Bradley, Kavangh, McHugh, Murphy, McFadden all named as All Stars.

Well deserved one and all.

Is there a link online anywhere? Can't find one...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Try www.retrogaa.com they might have some left in stock if you're lucky.

Thanks for all that lads, yeah had a look on retro GAA but no luck. I've seen loads of people with the retro jerseys so I thought they'd be easier to get. Awh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mayo1980

id say it will be a great game but l myself think donegal might be slightly stronger this year itll be a good game . i think yee will win by about 6 points if mc fadden preforms

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Mayo1980 wrote: »
    id say it will be a great game but l myself think donegal might be slightly stronger this year itll be a good game . i think yee will win by about 6 points if mc fadden preforms

Think it could go either way . While we are great at defence and forcing the opposition to shoot from far out every other team were poor with long distance shots . Mayo proved last week they very accurate at distance I think they will put it up to Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Guys/gals, could you post any comments in relation to tickets in this thread please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 R.W Callaghan

muffler wrote: »
    Guys/gals, could you post any comments in relation to tickets in this thread please. Thanks.

Anyone here heading to Croke for the big day

• Registered Users Posts: 42 R.W Callaghan

AngelaG wrote: »
    Think it could go either way . While we are great at defence and forcing the opposition to shoot from far out every other team were poor with long distance shots . Mayo proved last week they very accurate at distance I think they will put it up to Donegal.

It would be terribly ironic after beating arguably the three best teams in Ireland besides ourselves we then lost in the final to a team ranked as complete outsiders from the start.

• Advertisement

It would be terribly ironic after beating arguably the three best teams in Ireland besides ourselves we then lost in the final to a team ranked as complete outsiders from the start.
    last years other beaten semi finalist were complete outsiders? the team who only along with ourselves and cork have been hammering the average teams... i said before the semi on performances this year i feared mayo a lot more than the dubs. they bet Down by more than we did (just), have gone about their business very quietly but very efficently the whole year

Advertisement