Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

K-9 wrote: »
    Did they?

It's a surprise in that they haven't lived up to the potential that is there, but not when you look at some of the players they have. Livens things up a bit anyway!

0-11 to 1-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

End of an era. Michael Doherty supposed to have put on a masterclass of free taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Killybegs have beaten Dungloe today 1-8 to 1-7. Killybegs had 14 men for most of the game after Kevin Fallon got a second yellow early doors. The score was 1-6 to 5 points at half time with Adrian Sweeney and Raymond dominating inside and Killybegs missing a few handy frees. God knows what was said in the Killybegs dressing room at half time but they came out like terriers in the second half with Jason Noctor switching and picking up Sweeney and neatly folding him up and sticking him in his back pocket in a master class of defending under the watching eye of Jim Mc Guinness and Christopher "mooner" Murrin dominating midfield in an awesome display of talent and Kevin Martin rattled the net to get the fight going early on. Dungloe were held to one tap over free for the entire second half in an epic fighting display from the young Killybegs team sorely missing their target man Conal Molloy with a broken wrist. Looking forward to the semi finals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Good to see the teams from the south/south west of the county hitting form again and this can only be good for the senior team!!

Looks like Naomh Conaill are going to run out winners against St. Michael's-leading by 5 points in injury time. Missed a penalty in the 1st half as well.

Teams in the S/F draw (on RnaG tonight):

Glenswilly
    Four Masters
    Killybegs
    Niamh Conaill

• Advertisement

Naomh Conaill v Glenswilly
    Four Masters v Killybegs

The semi final games are fixed for August 28th and August 29th which is five weeks away

So it's Jim McGuinness for Donegal (confirmed-or so I've been told). No surprise, and I'm glad he's got the chance, he sounds like he is a 'professional' manager/coach, which is what we need to reverse the decline witnessed under John Joe. However, we also need the players, and aside from a few of the U-21s, those seem to be in short supply around Donegal at the moment.

We could really struggle to stay in Division 2 next year if we don't hit the ground running. Hopefully we see a lot of new faces in the McKenna Cup and get a competitive squad together before the league as we can't really afford to drop to Division 3 IMHO.

I wasn't a fan of what I saw from the U-21s this year, but I'll take success over style for now and a long time yet.

All the best Jim.

So semi-finals this weekend-anyone going? I guess Four Masters should win , 2nd game will be interesting.

Paddy Power Says

Four Masters 1/4 Draw 10/1 Killybegs 3/1

Glenswilly 4/6 Draw 7/1 Naomh Conaill 11/8 (surprised odds aren't closer in this one)

Just back from the kbegs v masters game. There was nothing between both teams and killybegs edged the first half 5 points to 4 with scores hard to come by with masters playing deep anx relying heavy on the excellent Doherty from frees and play. For Killybegs Kevin Martin matched everything Doherty threw at them. Masters went three up in the second half and were two up when manus boyle came on and got sent off straight away swinging an arm. Martin took it down to one and hit a monster kick to level it up. Masters had one last chance as a misplaced killybegs free sent them through but they missed from 20 yards out. Replay next weekend

• Advertisement

rushnaldo wrote: »
    Masters went three up in the second half and were two up when manus boyle came on and got sent off straight away swinging an arm.

Wow. Doesn't sound like the Manus Boyle I remember.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Wow. Doesn't sound like the Manus Boyle I remember.

No complaints, he was on the ball and the young lad he was marking was swinging off him and Manus passed it on and swung the arm behind him and it caught the lad on the face and he went down so it was a silly mistake from Killybegs most experienced player. There was things said by the Donegal town men during the game which Killybegs stayed a long time in the dressing room at half time discussing in a gentlemanly manner ha ha and after the game a certain Donegal man said that it was good for them to get a tight game in before the final as he shook hands so that arrogance will not be lost on the Killybegs lads. Hopefully Jason Noctor came make a Henry Shefflin like comeback before the next game and it will be a massive boost, also Conal Molloy only got his cast off the broken arm two days ago and was thrown into championship madness so he may be sharper and Kevin Martin carried the burden yesterday and was as good if not better than Doherty for them and gets the man of the match hitting 7 points..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

No complaints, he was on the ball and the young lad he was marking was swinging off him and Manus passed it on and swung the arm behind him and it caught the lad on the face and he went down so it was a silly mistake from Killybegs most experienced player. There was things said by the Donegal town men during the game which Killybegs stayed a long time in the dressing room at half time discussing in a gentlemanly manner ha ha and after the game a certain Donegal man said that it was good for them to get a tight game in before the final as he shook hands so that arrogance will not be lost on the Killybegs lads. Hopefully Jason Noctor came make a Henry Shefflin like comeback before the next game and it will be a massive boost, also Conal Molloy only got his cast off the broken arm two days ago and was thrown into championship madness so he may be sharper and Kevin Martin carried the burden yesterday and was as good if not better than Doherty for them and gets the man of the match hitting 7 points..

Mooner should be on the county panel after that display, Lacey had a hard time marking Boyle and McGinley won the battle with Dunnion for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Naomh Conaill in the final again, they will be favorites this time. Time to paint up our blue and white vans again!

Wow-Killybegs beat Four Masters 0:10-0:07.

Ha ha are you shocked? The secret is to put jason noctor who roasted sweeney on michael doherty and you have a team better than them all over the field. Great oerformance in the second half from the boys. Just hope Mooner is ok as that looked horrific

I would have paid an extra admission fee to have a mic on Noctor, Doherty missing a free inside the 21 and should have seen red, think it was a case of wrong man booked in the second have when Noctor went down. Justice in the end no way a peno, and what a save from Mullen.

Ha ha are you shocked? The secret is to put jason noctor who roasted sweeney on michael doherty and you have a team better than them all over the field. Great oerformance in the second half from the boys. Just hope Mooner is ok as that looked horrific

Shocked no, surprised, yes. Fair play to them. Has Jason Noctor played for the county at underage level?

Who is 'Mooner'?

I'll have a bet on them in the Final, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

I find it amazing that nobody has mentioned that the Donegal ladies are in the All Ireland intermediate football final and not one person has mention it ??? Call yer selves Gaa fans.

Larrson wrote: »
    I find it amazing that nobody has mentioned that the Donegal ladies are in the All Ireland intermediate football final and not one person has mention it ??? Call yer selves Gaa fans.

You just have mentioned it, if you want to talk about something then I suggest you post about it rather than give out about it.

• Advertisement

Yep fair play to the ladies but i must admit to being infinately inferior in ladies football knowledge to Larsson there and cannot talk about that but just say well done to them.

Not hearing good vibes about Mooner at all for the final the doc says eight weeks:( Mooner is Christopher Murrin our big man in midfield and best player a real collosses who bursts through men at will and has the skill to kick wonder scores to boot, think Christy Toye at his best times 100. Both him and Shane Baker Boyle should be starting for the county never mind on the panel. Nope Jason Noctor never played county minor but was a part of that great underage Killybegs team that got to the Ulster final a few years back. That was probably one of the best underage teams ever to grace the club and included Mooner, Baker, Noctor, Seamus Coleman of Everton, Shaun Kelly of Dundalk, Paul Mc Ginley and Faherty who is in America now. Emigration has been a factor for us in the last few years but the town is buzzing now in anticipation for the final..

bennyc wrote: »
    You just have mentioned it, if you want to talk about something then I suggest you post about it rather than give out about it.
    Well at least i got an Reaction.

Bit of a surprise yesterday in the Intermediate Final-Bundoran 1-8: 0-9 Cloughaneely. Anyone at the game?

Well done to the Donegal ladies today. A fine win in the intermediate all Ireland final.

Anyone know what time the Ladies football team will be back tomorrow in Donegal town/Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well done indeed to the ladies. A fine performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

Congrats to the girls. Especially those of you who are adding an intermediate medal to the junior medal from 2003.
    I'm delighted for you all - Enjoy the celebrations.. you deserve them :D

SFC final between NC and Killybegs will be shown deferred on TG4 next weekend.

RMDrive wrote: »
    SFC final between NC and Killybegs will be shown deferred on TG4 next weekend.

I see that they're showing the Limerick Hurling final live. Bit more 'Gaeilge' in Donegal I would have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Larrson wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the Ladies football team will be back tomorrow in Donegal town/Letterkenny

Due in pettigo at 5.30 and Donegal Town at 6.30

Advertisement