Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I see that they're showing the Limerick Hurling final live. Bit more 'Gaeilge' in Donegal I would have thought.

True. I think they showed it deferred last year as well (or was it the year before?). In fairness to TG4 we haven't given them great TV viewing in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

So I only saw the tv coverage, but looks like Naomh Conaill were easy enough winners. McLoone and Molloy looked good, which is encouraging for the County team I guess. Sending off didn't turn the game, but pretty much ended it as a contest. TV coverage didn't show the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

poor game but Glenties were much stronger, Noctor did a good job on brick who was class, JMcloone was excellent. Pity Mooner lost the head as it could have been a better contest. No complaints about the red card ref turned at the exact moment Mooner swang back the fist mind you Donoghue could have been gone for a second yellow bofore that if his kick was spotted. It could have been interesting if Louis McNern buried the goal (half) chance with 5 mins left and 5 points down. Noctor had a good shot saved off the line late on also.

Best of luck to Naomh Conaill in Ulster.

Feb 5 (Sat) vs Sligo
    Feb 19 (Sat) at Tyrone
    Feb 27 (Sun) vs Kildare
    Mar 13 (Sun) at Meath
    Mar 19 (Sat) at Derry
    Apr 3 (Sun) vs Antrim
    Apr 10 (Sun) at Laois

Preliminary Round
    Donegal v Antrim

1st Round
    Donegal/Antrim v Cavan
    Derry v Fermanagh
    Armagh v Down
    Tyrone v Monaghan

Semi-Finals
    Donegal/Antrim/Cavan v Tyrone/Monaghan
    Derry/Fermanagh v Armagh/Down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Not the worst preliminary round game and we owe them one.

Staying up in Division 2 will be hard enough next year.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

What the hell happened at the Malin v Aodh Rua game? Abandoned for fighting? Any reports? Confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 frandiv

Yes abandoned after 7 minutes apparently. Think Roper got hit off the ball. Didn't hear anything else about it.

I was reading about it in the donegal news today yeah and the reprter praised the men on the sidelines for not getting involved and said it was all over fairly quickly and hinted that the ref was harsh for calling it off. Both teams wanted to win annd malin had a chance to win the league.

Well done to Glenties for winning in Ulster and they deserve big support from everyon in the county to get behind them in the next roundvin Ballybofey Sunday week against Clontibret of Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Well done to Kilcar minors on winning the title for the third time in the clubs history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

Best of Luck to the Termon Senior Ladies in the All-Ireland Semi Final - which is taking place at the Burn Road on Sunday 7th November at 3pm.

The girls are playing Inch Rovers from Cork in this Semi-Final.

Adh Mhór An Tearmainn

foggy wrote: »
    Best of Luck to the Termon Senior Ladies in the All-Ireland Semi Final - which is taking place at the Burn Road on Sunday 7th November at 3pm.

The girls are playing Inch Rovers from Cork in this Semi-Final.

Adh Mhór An Tearmainn
    Best of luck girls, it should be a big day in that area for you all!!

Naomh Conaill 1-11 Clontibret O'Neills 0-09
    7 min to go

Naomh Conaill 2-12 Clontibret O'Neills 0-09

Well done to NC.

Fantastic result for Genties and one that gives the whole county a lift and belief that we ARE good enough. Everyone is behind them now and wishing them the best.
    Its a sad day in Ballyshannon today as they got hammered 3-9 1-6 by fanad gaels and are relegated to division three and intermediate championship. I seen them play and they have all the talent in the world maybe the interest is gone. All the more reason its great Glenties are going well

Well done Glenties a great boost for Donegal GAA they face the Tyrone champions in the semi finals. Crossmaglen look strong again this year.

Well done to Geraldine McLaughlin on her award from the Ulster GAA writers. Well deserved.

Glenties won by a point today, well done to them a great boost for Donegal GAA it's the first Donegal team in an ulster final since Killybegs in 1991

Yeah great win for them and I reckon they have a good enough chance in the final against Cross. Coalisland had plenty of chances to level it up in the last few minutes and just couldn't take them.
    Well done NC.

[Naomh Conaill 1-10 Coalisland 1-09]

Yeat another fantastic achievement for a Donegal ladies footballer in what has been a magnificent year. Yvonne McMonagle picked up an all star at the weekend - the first one ever to go to a Donegal player. She was brilliant in the final and this award is well deserved.

• Advertisement

The Ulster Senior Club final has been postponed to this day week, same time, same place!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Michael Murphy is the new Donegal captain for 2011

Ulster Club Final postponed again.

And well done to Michael Murphy on his appointment as captain of the Donegal team.

Ulster final goes ahead tomorrow at 1.45 it's live on TG4

Carrickman wrote: »
    Ulster final goes ahead tomorrow at 1.45 it's live on TG4

In Breffni Park?

K-9 wrote: »
    In Breffni Park?

Yes.

Hard luck to Glenties in the final. They done themselves proud to go that far. Beaten by a more shrewd experienced outfit who fouled and harried and didn't let them play their game.

Hard luck to NC. They played well but a bit of inexperience cost them the 2 goals. I'm sure the parish is very proud of them and they represented the county very well. When the pain fades a bit they will realise that they are a young team with a very bright future ahead of them.
    NC Abu.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Well done Naomh Conaill. Should do a lot for Donegal football.

• Advertisement

Was kilcar playing ulster minor final today any word?

Advertisement