Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom Home Error Message

Options
  • 19-01-2010 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    I installed win 7 and installed tomtom home2, but when i go to run it i get an error message saying
    "TomTom home runtime.exe failed with error 1058 this service cannot be started ----"

Has anyone come across this problem before

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The easiest way would be to try uninstall & reinstall TTH

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭guydub

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few time now , I have tried downloading it with both firefox and explorer and i have the latest version of Java installed on my computer but still no luck

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A few things to try.
    Uninstall & reinstall (run as administrator)
    Run the programme as administrator
    Change the properties to run in compatability mode (say vista SP2)
    Finally try restart you PC in safe mode & see if it runs.
    Let me know how they go.

Thanks for the suggestion

I tried running compatibilty mode but it says my cpu doesnt support it

Did it work on any of the above?

• Advertisement

wasn't able to run compatibility mode on my laptop.
    I am always logged in as an administrator , I reinstalled it a few times but still no luck.
    I tried running it in safe mode but still the same error message comes up

Are you getting this issue on more than one PC?

I only have one with win 7 on it
    it worked fine before when i had xp

Anything new installed recently?
    Is not a Windows 7 issue. I'm running it on 2 PCs with Windows 7.
    Have not heard of any issues. Generally TTH is beta tested for 4-6 weeks prior to general release.
    Have you tried downloaded the latest TTH version? Try a fresh download just in case. (Unlikely ,I know!)

I uninstalled some recent programs and then did a fresh install of tth but still the same error message comes up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

When you get an error like this just copy the error message and run a search on the the Microsoft web. It will normally provide a solution.

www.microsoft.com

Koolkid Thanks for all your help
    I right clicked on tomtom home2 in the programmes menu , slected properties , then selected run this programme in compatibilty mode for win xp service pack 3 and it has done the trick .

Glad you got sorted..

Advertisement