Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone gone crap again

• 19-01-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with Vodafone tonight? On the 7 meg connection but only getting half a meg and very high ping times. This is getting to be a right pain in the ass. Any other half decent options at the moment? At this stage I am even considering going back to Eircom.:mad:

686934436.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Speeds are down between 2-4 Mb/s here and the pings are around 85 ms, but a lot of websites seem to be timing out tonight.

Should I try changing to the Google DNS servers? I'll be jumping ship (ex-BT that's been recently moved) if this keeps up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

I put in the settings for Google DNS servers and its slightly better. I am the same as you, was automatically transferred over from BT. Never had any issues like this at all when I was with BT.

686955379.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ulysses1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055738410

Many users now fed up with it. Tech support will fob you off with their usual, but even now they admit it's contention (48:1) and their advice is.. deal with it... so I am.. moving to another ISP tomorrow :)

Yeah a bit more investigation and all is revealed. So who are you switching to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

its vodafones job to report it to eircom , the exchange needs and upgrade.

• Advertisement

Fair enough if they need upgrading but how come this is only coming to a head now? My speeds were fine when I was with BT. I assume I was going through the same exchange. Also after the initial changeover Vodafone was fine, good speeds both morning and evening. Now its like as if someone has their hand on a switch and come 6 o clock or so its the pits.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

In Dublin SE, connection keeps dropping.
    Had BB with BT for several years now - never a problem.. Only gone to tat recently.
    I notice my ip range can change from Esat to Vodafone several times in the day.

When I log into the Zyxel modem, the connection has often only up for 10mins or when I do an ATM loop back test it fails.

UPC are coming to install tomorrow. They are finally in my area since last week after many many years of asking. 15meg + Phone = 38 euro.
    Hopefully it'll be more stable!

Advertisement