Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone for fat fingers?

• 19-01-2010 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Apologies if this thread has already been posted. I'm on the market for a new mobile phone. I want something with a decent keypad for my chubby fingers, since I spend most of my time texting rather than talking.

Any recommendations from new phones for people with not so slim fingers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭20/20

Have you asked in weightwatchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Micamaca

20/20 wrote: »
    Have you asked in weightwatchers.

Cheeky bugger! No I haven't! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

"Your fingers are too fat. Please use dialling wand."

I supposed I asked for this. Am I the only person who gets frustrated having to text something, only to delete and correct it several times...Am I!! Be honest now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

get a touch phone, you get a stick with it to type, then you can be like homer simpson!

• Advertisement

Yis are all very helpful... I thank y'all most sincerely with my fat fingers tripping over the keyboard here.

Homer Simpson? Have you no heart! :rolleyes:

Iam a northside Dub also,i just presumed you were a southsider.You should look at something along these lines search though the site some dealers do free postage http://www.dhgate.com/ztc-l488-10pcs-lot-cell-phone-big-keypad/p-ff80808123d689a00123d6c1d2b22be5.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Op what are you using at the minute, that you find to small?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Micamaca wrote: »
    Yis are all very helpful... I thank y'all most sincerely with my fat fingers tripping over the keyboard here.

Homer Simpson? Have you no heart! :rolleyes:

no but im serious about the touchscreen phones cos they have a little stick to type with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

mink_man wrote: »
    no but im serious about the touchscreen phones cos they have a little stick to type with.

Are we starting to see a softer side to mink_man?
    :P

There's some threads about old people needing phones with big buttons. Maybe that'd do?

• Advertisement

@minkman I'll have a look at those then and try to swally my pride :D

I'm currently on a sony ericsson of some sort. It's a few years old now.

@20/20 just because I'm a northsider, does that mean I qualify for more abuse! I'm digitally challenged, not blind :P

Are we starting to see a softer side to mink_man?
    :P

There's some threads about old people needing phones with big buttons. Maybe that'd do?

But I'm young (ish) and hip...with fat fingers...it's a burden I have to carry...but thanks to fat fingers, I manage grand :D

Jaysus sorry i didnt know was meant for the blind,but with your problem can you be to picky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Op, try one of the Doros. They are big button phones . Available sim-free for around 100 yoyos at www.amazon.co.uk or www. technikdirekt.de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Some touchscreen phones have fairly big numbers when you put it in number-entry mode ("T9").
    Specifically I'm thinking the Nokia 5800 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Will check out the Nokia 5800 so... cheers :)

Advertisement