Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 hour shops in carlow town

Options
  • 19-01-2010 1:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

what the hell has happened? actually bothered my arse to go to the graigue 24 hour shop for a midnight ice cream cone and the place has newspaper all over the windows. flatmates say it's been closed for a week or so.

are there any 24 hour shops in carlow town any more?

and who else serves ice cream frmo the machine in tubs during winter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Maxol on O' Brien Rd & Esso across from Braun are the only ones left and i think the Maxol shop serves ice cream from the machine. The only downside is that you can't go inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Tougher's on Tullow rd and Topaz on Green Lane were, I don't know if they still are.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Quiet Lurker

Topaz have changed their opening hours and now close at 11pm since last week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Tougher's on Tullow rd and Topaz on Green Lane were, I don't know if they still are.

Tougher's hasn't been 24hours in about 2 years now, and this week they seem to be closing at 8, they had been 10 for the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

i only know maxol on o'brien rd. went there after 11 to get petrol.
    Tougher's not 24 hours for ages.

yea, i've been to shops at late nights and all of them dont allow you to go in. kinda sucks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

one 24hour shop is more than enough for any town the size of carlow!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

if ye guys are talking about the shop thats just pass/just on the bridge. Sorry lads, its gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

ah graigue stores, many the fine piece of hot cuisine did i sample there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

questioner wrote: »
    ah graigue stores, many the fine piece of hot cuisine did i sample there.
    they used to sell cans late at night too untill they were caught and fined, and you could get your illegal tobacco or cigarettes off a guy just inside or near the shop on dole day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

the amount of businesses ie. shops pubs restaurants that are closing in this town coz of the recession is Mad & worse still to come i guess. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement