Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair model

• 19-01-2010 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

So, im dying to have long hair again and im impatient so dont wanna wait til it grows so im thinking of hair extentions. I also dont have 500 for extensions or the ability for clip ins (not that coordinated:D) so does anyone know of somewhere dat is looking for hair models for extensions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Not certain exactly how you should go about this,maybe approach Peter Marks or somewhere and they might have information about the process.
    I would try the hair dressing training colleges. A girl I know training to be a hairdresser,gets to try out loads of different hairstyles on her friends and family,and also hairdressers who are entering competitions need hair models to model hairstyles for them,and also to make their portfolios.
    You could ask for copies of these portfolio pictures of yourself to apply to model agency or something.
    I don't know if there is a special model agency for hair models,or if the models are just picked from normal agencies,or from people who just hand in photographs of themselves to hairdressers.
    Suppose it would depend how big/well known the hairdressers was.
    Good luck anyhow!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

Hi I'd like to warn you against being a model for hair extensions - someone could do a very bad job on your hair causing headaches if the extensions are too tight, or hair loss if extensions are not attached correctly.
    Bad quality hair will also get matted easily and look very bad while doing nothing for your look.
    I'd recommend maybe saving up and gettin a half head of quality extensions by someone experienced.
    Also be weary of very cheap prices for a full head - like the ones advertised on Gumtree.ie - definitely either bad quality hair or inexperienced extensionist.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

Hi I'd like to warn you against being a model for hair extensions - someone could do a very bad job on your hair causing headaches if the extensions are too tight, or hair loss if extensions are not attached correctly.
    Bad quality hair will also get matted easily and look very bad while doing nothing for your look.
    I'd recommend maybe saving up and gettin a half head of quality extensions by someone experienced.
    Also be weary of very cheap prices for a full head - like the ones advertised on Gumtree.ie - definitely either bad quality hair or inexperienced extensionist.

Good luck :)

I agree be careful who you get, however, there is the peter marks academy on South William st. and also on top level of Stephens Green center in Dublin, not sure of their prices but I know they have a supervisor/teacher who watches over what they're doing. Just allow for the extra time as they are learners and will be slower.

Advertisement