Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Browser issue??

• 19-01-2010 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi all,

just had a quick look at previous threads and can see that upc is one of the main themes. just wondered if anyone else gets the below browser errors all the time? Its weird cause when i get them im defo not disconnected ( downloads still running etc) I can play poker on any site etc ipoker without disruption also.. doesn't make sense, oh and btw upc can do nothing apparently its my issue not theres!! yeah right

thanks

upc.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 burtisgood

I see the exact same thing as you do but only when I am downloading torrents in uTorrent. If I stop torrenting, I can access web pages fine. Turn it back on and it times out.

Not sure if you are doing the same but this is the only time this happens with me. I'm on the 10meg package.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Far be it from me of all people to defend UPC but I think this might be a browser issue rather than an isp one. I was getting the same thing up to very recently when I used IE (I am with Smart). I didnt get it when I used Firefox.

Does it happen with other browsers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Yeh i think internet explorer might be the issue http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/14/cyber_assault_followup/ you really should use firefox instead.

Perhaps even a change to linux ubuntu or another linux distro could help. We all know how easy windows can get infected :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

the first screen is firefox.. it happens with explorer, firefox, and chrome..

burtisgood: i do use utorrent a lot but just tested it without and got the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Is is possible to do a clean install of your operating system? perhaps a virus is responsible for your browser woes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    Is is possible to do a clean install of your operating system? perhaps a virus is responsible for your browser woes.

actually found the upc ping issue post and disabled my router firewall which seems to have worked.. had to reboot router and computer before it tokk effect. Plus i was trying to go to sites that are down according to a google search. fingers crossed its sorted for good

Thanks again for the input guys

Advertisement