Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leapers

Options
  • 19-01-2010 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

As above, have any you guys heard of a scope called leapers? If so are they any good?
    Cheers...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

kay 9 wrote: »
    As above, have any you guys heard of a scope called leapers? If so are they any good?
    Cheers...
    never used one but they are an american entry level type scope if thats any help:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

they are meant to be quite good value for money, considering that you're only firkin out 100-bucks.
    But spent the time reading the reviews on the optic web sites!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Steyr243Hunter

Friend of mine has one on Remington 700 in 243, just has it few weeks. He said he would be afraid of spending big money in case he scratched it. He has shot deer to 150yards so far. When we were walking back he had it on his shoulder and it fogged up. He held it in front of him for min and it cleared. He is happy with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Thanks for that steyr243, just that the bro wants to purchase and has a budget as does alot of people nowadays, his limit is about 350-400 yo yos and I seen some reviews on them and they seem to be ok, just thought I'd ask here and see if anyone had first hand experience with them. Think he's opted for the Bushnell elite 4200. He may be able pick one up handy s/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

If I remember correctly the .22 that were for hire in Midlands a few years back had leapers on them and boy oh boy they did take some battering and ham fisted twisting of turrets, yet them seemed to work ok. from what I've read on them they seem ok for what they are( a mid-price scope). I would say their good for up to a .223 or a little more. Don't think I'd chance it on a 300 winne.

FS

• Advertisement
Advertisement