Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msc in Energy Management

Options
  • 19-01-2010 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I am currently in the process of applying to do the Msc in Energy Management in DIT. I have a 2:2 structural engineering degree and i have 3 years relevant work experience.

In the last year and a half I have been made redundant twice as both companies had to close due to the current economic situation. I have become frustrated by the lack of opportunities and I am now seeking to get into the renewable energy field which I hope will provide more employment opportunities in the future.

I am seeking advice on filling in the application form. I am having particular trouble answering the following questions:
    "Particular Aptitudes, Abilities, Publications & Research Interests"

Giving my relatively short engineering career to date I dont have that much relevant experience with regard to publications or dissertations to put in this column.

Also another question is "State concisely why you consider that your application has particular strengths in relation to each of the individual programmes applied for"

The only reason im looking to o the course is to open up new employment opportunities but i dont think that is really a suitable answer in this case.
    If anyone has any advice about how to answer these particular questions or if you have any relevant advice please let me know.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Karl, I'm currently in year 1 of that course part time and I didn;t put half that effort into the application form. From what i can see all they care about is that u meet the minimum requirements, there is quiet a few 2009 graduates in the full time course.

I would also say that wanting to make urself more employable is probably the best reason, possibly add ur interests in energy, the downturn and trying to expand ur knowledge base etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 karlfitz6

Thanks for the reply green & red. Just out of curiosity what is your background. Is it engineering based? Do you find the course any good and do you think it is a worth while excercise?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm an electrical engineer, worked in building services & energy side of things. Finding it very useful, learning plenty and especially like that I'll be a chartered member of the institute of energy engineers at the end

Advertisement