Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Me A Mobile

• 19-01-2010 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to get a new mobile phone and I have no idea which one to go for. I didn't realize there are so many choices.

I currently have the Nokia N70 and it freezes a lot and turns itself off sometimes, and when I turn it on, it takes ages for the page to put in my pin to show up.

I'm currently with Vodafone, and I want to stay with Vodafone. And yes, I know I can change to another network and keep my 087 number, but that's not what I want.

I want the phone to have any (or all, if possible) the following:

1) Internet / 3G / Bluetooth
    2) Camera / Video and Audio Recording
    3) Picture messaging

The phone must be pre-pay.

I want something slim and lightweight, not like my current phone, a heavy-ish brick.

I was looking at the [URL=http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=357035&offerSelected=prepayupgrade#tab[keyfeatures]Nokia 5700[/URL]

Would anyone here recommend it?

The budget is €250 (incl delivery, if I buy online).

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Haven't used the Nokia 5700 but it looks a good phone. Is the camera going to be used for email or will it just be used for picture messaging? The reason I ask is if the camera isn't that important to you , check out the Nokia E52 at the same price but with the additional WIFI which is very useful. And it's battery life is very impressive. Here is a link comparing the two . http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=2792&idPhone1=2659

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks for the recommendations.

What is the difference between Wifi and 3G? Will they affect the internet in the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

-Orlaith- wrote: »

What is the difference between Wifi and 3G? Will they affect the internet in the phone?

It wont effect the internet in the phone no. They are two different type of connections. 3G is using the phone network, and you will be charged depending on what network and how much you use.

Wifi is in airports, cafes etc or can be used at home if you have a wireless router. It is free to browse in a lot of cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Davy wrote: »
    It wont effect the internet in the phone no. They are two different type of connections. 3G is using the phone network, and you will be charged depending on what network and how much you use.

Wifi is in airports, cafes etc or can be used at home if you have a wireless router. It is free to browse in a lot of cases.
    Brilliant, thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement