Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Alcohol Thread

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I'm not the most social person in the world and I have to admit I need alcohol to enjoy a night out. I can't remember the last time I went out and not drank. I just the love the elated feeling and confidence I get from drinking.

Over the last year I've just gotten tipsy/slightly drunk when I've gone out, you know where you still have control but you don't have as many limitations and some parts of the night are unclear. I've had 1 or 2 bad blackout experiences before (over a year ago) and got very drunk and I don't want a repeat of that.

What really irritates me are the "It's so sad that you need to have a drink to enjoy yourself brigade", the "you're a dry shíte if you don't drink crowd" are equally as annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I think alcohol as a social drug, is good as it releases inhibitions and generally makes things fun. But I find the idea of getting smashed and then going out to find someone, who is probably as drunk, to bring home really weird. I just find it so fake that people have to rely on alcohol to try and get someone else into bed with them. It seems so degrading. I'm not into casual relationships though, so I guess that's why.

On the other hand, I find that nights can be great craic when drinking. Though I found my tolerance has gone way down in the last few weeks, so the last few nights out have ended poorly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

why dush the opackets off ketchuop in mcdonalds com in pakets why dont a a small bottle my ships ar always ruhint hat the ned of the night

water you looking att

Advertisement