Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blakes Thurkes closed?

Options
  • 19-01-2010 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

So I heard that Blakes in Thurles is now closed. I know the place had a bad rep and I rarely went there but I never had any trouble there. Just courious as to why the place has shut it's doors.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

It happens every couple of years, the owner of the place leases it out for someone to run but as far as I know he never leases it for very long maybe 3 or 4 years at a time. That said I can't remember how long Blakes have been there and I'm not in Thurles very often so my memory is pretty hazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

think blakes has been there about three years

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Yeah Blakes has closed, but it has nothing to do with any "bad reputation" you may have heard of.. the landlord has some deeply set personal issues from what i hear and tends to give notice to tenants and thats that, their out on their ear, he refused to renew leases. He did the same thing to his sister/brother who ran the place at one time...Good luck to the new lads who have it, he'll break their heart with his rules and he just loves popping back into the country and claiming back the upstairs quarters while he's home!

Advertisement