Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham take-over complete

• 19-01-2010 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Sky Sports News understands that David Gold and David Sullivan have completed their takeover of West Ham United.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5870240,00.html

Also in the papers this morning Zola is to be given between 8-20 million to recruit new players depending on who you believe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Wow, I thought those two were fairly down the pecking order? Thought they had difficulty proving they had funds... Good for the Hammer's at least, those two run a tight ship but should be able to put their house back in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

No I think they had cash from the Birmingham takeover and the deal included a lot of debt so mostly it was just taking that debt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Another EPL club bought with debt.

That leagues collapse will be spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hope they can pull it together on the pitch now and stay up, there are other teams that I would much rather see go down instaed of West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Another EPL club bought with debt.

That leagues collapse will be spectacular.
    It wasn't bought with debt, they have basically taken on the substantial exsisting debt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

8-20 million he could be getting.

Could be any figure there really. I think they'll need to spend 13 million or so to survive the drop.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Does that mean that the red tops will stop with their headlines of a fire sale at West Ham now? It's the third transfer window in a row they've been coming out with that stuff and so far it's never materialised.
    Personally I'm glad that the Icelandics are gone. Of all the billionaires in the world that could take over a football club, West Ham had to go and get the poorest one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

If this is the conservative takeover which the club needs, then so be it.

I wanted the club to be taken over by the likes of Gold-Sullivan who were not dripping with money which flows from easy credit. That is exactly what has transpired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

West Ham will have no problem surviving this season.
    They've got the players to do it.
    Just have some patience with the lads & Zola :)

Advertisement