Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best RC/Model Shops

Options
  • 19-01-2010 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just wanted to know what people think are the best hobby/model shops in dublin and the surrounding areas. What shops stock the most (car/truck) spare parts, know their stuff, etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Have you tried reading the General Guide Thread?
    General Guide

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

coolwings wrote: »
    Have you tried reading the General Guide Thread?
    General Guide

its pretty focused on aircraft only, which may not be what he's looking for.

I wrote a piece for trains and sent it to Fobia but he's yet to stick it in.

OP: what kind of model? markmodels.ie is a pretty broad shop, based in Dun Laoghaire and just near Tara St station in Dublin

Dan Eire:
    If you let us know what kind of modelling you do, or are interested in, I'll bet the board members will chip in with specific answers to your requirements before long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭dan_eire

WOW, i'm an idiot, sorry! I'd be looking for offroad car spares/parts/hop-ups. The brand i have is fairly unknown (should of done my homework before purchasing). Anywho, it's an HBX Surge/Stealth X09 - don't be afraid to tell me that i made an awesome first rc purchase! :o

There's a good few places to get spare parts online (uk/hk), but waiting 10-20 days for a part is annoying! I heard that some parts off other brands would fit this model, so i'd love to be able to drop into a shop (in dublin preferrebly) and browse through an extensive range of parts.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭dan_eire

60-something views and 3 replies?! c'mon guys, what's the best shop for car parts/spares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Online (sorry to say)

I don't recognise it from the photos. (or the parts in it) That make is unknown to me too. I reckon you will have to go back to source for spare components as it becomes required/breaks/wears out.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Yeah mate what ever chance you have of getting a well know brand of rc spares in Ireland, not a hope of getting stuff for that. Online you only bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

I too think online is your best bet, but the chassis looks a bit like redcat's - maybe it's worth contacting Enda from Navan (www.nnn.ie) - he's going to import Redcat Short Course Trucks and parts for them aswell.

Advertisement