Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 PC Version slowdowns.

Options
  • 19-01-2010 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else sometimes get online matches that run at about 1/3rd speed?
    Its been happening a few times lately, 3 times alone last night.
    Normally if I play a lagged player, then it pauses every now and then, but this slowdown is weird.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Its more than likely caused by the other player not having their frame rate set to "fixed" instead of "variable". Also, if you have yours set to variable changed it to fixed in the settings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

+1 to what Jim said, you HAVE to set your framerate to fixed in the PC settings (although from playing you this doesn't seem to be an issue on your end as I never experienced the slowdown against you)

I think it's also only a common issue down in the lower levels of championship and ranked mode. Most of the people with this kind of lag seem to quit before they get to G2 or are only in it for the achievements so quit once they've gotten them. I've only encountered a handful since getting to G2.

Another point to be aware of, some levels cause more lag than others. When playing online try to avoid these levels (it's better if you host the games so you can pick the level, the training stage is the best to reduce lag)

Try to avoid these stages
    • Seths Lab
    • Cruise Ship Stern
    • Drive in at Night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ill make sure I set it, but theres no way its me, I would be mighty upset if my rig couldnt handle SF4 even running at max.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i have lag all the time when online
    runs perfectly offline?

im wireless, could that be it?

LAME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you mean "wireless BROADBAND" and not "wireless ROUTER", then yes -- that stuff has pretty bad ping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

wireless router :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I get this and it often disconnects too if. Driving me nuts the past while it has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Placebo wrote: »
    wireless router :)

If you're getting bad lag spikes every few minutes, then yeah that's a problem with your wireless probably. Connect through ethernet cable if you can, I'd say that'll fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

So I take it the program I linked for running games on a wireless connection isnt working for you then farz?

Worked wonders for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Worked wonders for me.

I've sent that link to a lot of other people who game with a local wifi connection and it worked wonders for them also.

Another endorsement here!

Advertisement