Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garlic Dip Recipe?

Options
  • 19-01-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so it's absolute junk food but I absolute love the little tubs of garlic dip that come with Dominos. I often make garlic mayo to have with pizza at home but it's just not the same.

Anyone have a recipe for a garlic dip similar to the dominos one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I mix mayonnaise and yoghurt (about half & half) and grate a clove of garlic into it. Add chopped parsley and let it sit for at least an hour to get all garlicky.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Sleepy wrote: »
    Ok, so it's absolute junk food but I absolute love the little tubs of garlic dip that come with Dominos. I often make garlic mayo to have with pizza at home but it's just not the same.

Anyone have a recipe for a garlic dip similar to the dominos one?

I LOVE THAT SAUCE, havent been able to make anything near as nice, i am assuming its all the chemicals in it - BUT WOOOOOOOW

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If anyone even knows where I can buy that sauce in a bottle / jar rather than just putting an order into dominos for 10/20 tubs of dip, that'd be appreciated too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

People are obsessed with this dip though!

Quick google brought up this thread:

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=6820.0

Which lists the ingredients claimed to be obtained from a PDF authored by Dominos (deadlink).

Seems to be mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, mustard, a thickening agent (xanthum gum, which isn't unheard of for home use) and a few preservatives.

Messing with the portions of the first 4 could probably lead to some nice discoveries. You won't find an exact match, but you might find an adequate replacement.

Might give a go at making this dip.

Advertisement