Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God loves a trier

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Waterford is the 11th December. Time is flying by!

Best of luck with the mountain climb at the weekend, you are a glutton for punishment ;) and you have lots of plans for next month too! Great that you are so focused. How the horsey? Hope he's back to full health again.

Gosh, the only thing moving in this log is tumbleweed :o

I've not run properly since DCM and I'm having physio to get my back and hip fixed up, which is going to take some time, so it's rest for me now, and the end of this training log (which I'm going to miss, I've become quite attached to it!). I'm really disappointed to have to take a step back, but on a positive note, if someone told me back in January when I started this log that I would do a marathon in 2010 and get myself a sub4, I'd have passed it off as crazy talk. So I am really happy with the training I put in to get there, and the whole experience is one I will never ever forget.

I hope to be able to get running properly again in the new year, although it's going to feel like starting from the beginning. I guess I'll have to resurrect my "Beginners Log" :pac:

Thanks to all of you who advised me throughout the year, gave me confidence, pushed me on when I needed it, and made me laugh. It all helped to get me through it and reach my goal. I appreciate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Sorry you need to take a break but I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run. Look after yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Sorry to hear that Ruby, but look after yourself and enjoy the festive season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Ruby sorry to hear you're out for a while but I hope the injury clears up soon and you're back in the new year with more goals. In the meantime enjoy the rest and chocolate over christmas :)

I'll be reading your log for inspiration over the next few months so thanks in advance ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Ruby, really sorry that you're out of action for a while. Look after yourself.
    Might give some of us time to catch up with your super times! Game ON! :D

Cheers guys - I live in hope that I might be allowed go for a couple of miles on grass this weekend! Yay :D They will be slow, but I'll savour every single step, snow or no snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Decided to root this out for you and welcome you back!! Unless you were planning on starting a new one, in which case, fire ahead! :D

Best of luck! :)

Advertisement