Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God loves a trier

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You can register now, or on the day, before 11.30.

Here's the link http://www.annevalleyrunning.webs.com/

They are expecting a good crowd of around 300. If the weather stays like this, it would be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭RunHomerRun

Thanks for that.
    Talk about giving me absolutely no excuses as to why I can't register....(by providing the actual web-link....).......... :D

I think I'll sign up for it tomorrow, and as you say, hopefully the weather will be good on Saturday.

Good stuff RunHomerRun!

Mon 8/2 - 1 hour spinning class. My legs felt very tired, and I didn't really enjoy it. Ah well, just putting it down to one of those nights!

Tues 09/02 - 7 miles. Lovely cold calm evening. Didn't feel all that great at mile 3, but it passed.

Wed 10/02 - 5.10 miles. A pretty uneventful run. Wasn't my best, wasn't my worst. I can feel a couple of niggles today and I'm also pretty tired, so I'll keep it handy in tonights last Winter League night. Can't wait to say goodbye to Matties Hill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

RubyK wrote: »
    Can't wait to say goodbye to Matties Hill!

I hate that hill. I don't know how ye can race up it. Twice. I just do it on my lunchtime runs and I dread it. And if I go the opposite direction I end up running up the Cleaboy hill and the Cork road. Can't win in this city.

Yep, it's a dose alright! While I'll miss the motivation of running in a group, I won't miss that hill (twice). The only negative thing about the winter league for me, is doing that lap twice - it's a physological thing!

Fair dues to you for battling it on your lunch break, that's commitment :D

Fair dues to you for battling it on your lunch break, that's commitment :D

Even Mattie's hill is a relief from work :D

Thurs 11/02 - 4 miles with the Winter League - it was the last night of the series, and a I got a PB! I really enjoyed it, and I'm going to miss these group runs!

Taking a rest this evening, and then it's the Anne Valley Challenge tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Congrats on the pb and good luck in the 5 miler tomorrow

Maybe get under 41 mins?? - no pressure :D

• Advertisement

DustyBin wrote: »
    Congrats on the pb and good luck in the 5 miler tomorrow

Maybe get under 41 mins?? - no pressure :D

No chance Dusty! It's a right testing course - although I won't be hungover doing it like last week :o There will be plenty who'll do it under that time but not me! I know someone who's planning on 29 mins :eek:. I quickly changed the subject when they asked my my predicted time!

PB - great stuff RubyK.

As you said, its a pity the Winter League is over - group running great, and it gave me a reason to get off the sofa.

Someone you know is planning 29mins - thats scarily incredibly fast.

Enjoy tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No chance Dusty! It's a right testing course - although I won't be hungover doing it like last week :o There will be plenty who'll do it under that time but not me! I know someone who's planning on 29 mins :eek:. I quickly changed the subject when they asked my my predicted time!

Well judging from your 10 mile time I think you should probably be looking at a 5 mile time in the 38-39 minute range... good luck :)

nice one RubyK, good to finish it on a high

Well judging from your 10 mile time I think you should probably be looking at a 5 mile time in the 38-39 minute range... good luck :)

Bless your positivity rainbow kirby, but not a hope in hell :o Thanks though!

RunHomerRun, did you sign up for it? If you didn't, you can register tomorrow before 11.30 :D

showry, glad to have had a good run. I reckon everyone had a good one last night! The last few plods up Matties Hill were sweet, knowing I wouldn't have to tackle it again (well not till the next winter league ;)).

Sat 13/02 - Anne Valley Challenge 5 miles - 41 mins. Happy with the time, as I thought it would be more like 43 mins.

1 1/2 mile run home from parents house after it. Freezing it was! Felt a niggle in my ankle and kness, I'm not sure these Kayanos 16's are right for me.

Sun 14/02 - 4 1/2 mile run. Decided to head to the beach as it was ages since I'd been for a run there. Gorgeous morning, and legs felt good. Wore my old 15's and they felt much better than the 16's. No niggles. Looks like I'm going to have to find another pair of 15's and dump my 16's :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm in my third pair of 15's because I didn't like the 16s as soon as I put them on. Rather frustrating, because it means I'm probably going to have to find a new brand before DCM training starts :eek::mad:

Nice one on the 5-miler btw :)

Thanks rainbow kirby :).

That run was the last I'll be doing in the 16's! I'm really disappointed with them. I'm back in my old 15's but I'm bidding on a pair at the moment (€35!). Fingers crossed I get them.

Good luck with the hunt for a new brand, let me know how you get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Fair play on the 41mins Rubyk!!
    You just gotta keep surprising yourself

Hey RubyK, great stuff in Anne Valley.
    I decided to run it after all....your enthusiasm is almost contagious....:)
    Cold dry day - perfect conditions really.
    The hills were testing and it was a pretty tough course.
    I would have paced myself a bit better if I had known whereabouts the hills were.
    Great turn-out, approx 380 I believe.

Did you get your 15s?

• Advertisement

Thanks Dusty, a little bit of improvement is great motivation! Well done on your 10K Sunday, brilliant stuff! You must be delighted!

Glad you enjoyed Saturday RunHomerRun - I did the course the previous week, so knew what was ahead of me :eek: but I still didn't get my pacing quiet right. That Annestown hill was fairly brutal. I was glad to see the water stop! Dungarvan 10KM is on 28th of this month, would be a nice one to do, www.westwaterfordac.com - I'm still bidding on the 15's - it's not up until tomorrow. Hopefully they will be mine! I can manage in my old pair of 15's for a while though, if I'm out bidded.

Mon 15/2 - 1 hour spin class. Felt fine for the first 45 mins, then stuggled for the last 15. My legs were tired.

Tues 16/2 - 7 miles in under 57 mins, I think (can't wait for my sports watch to arrive in the post). Enjoyed it, a good nights running. I really need to win the 15's on E-bay, my old ones have lost their bounce, and feel very flat.

Wed 17/02 - 7 miles in 58.03 seconds (yay, my watch arrived yesterday!). Ankle felt niggley by mile 5. Today it's very sore.

Just got notification that I won the bid on the Asics 15's :D.

No running today or tomorrow, and hoping my ankle will settle down.

Sat 20/02 - 7 miles. Not my best run, my head was all over the shop :confused:

Sun 21/02 - 4 1/2 miles. After Saturdays blip, I decided to head off to the beach, and had a lovely morning run. Felt much more positive.

My niggly ankle touble of earlier in the week, seems to have disappeared! (touch wood anyway).

Mon 22/02 - ditched the spinning class in favour of a run in my new 15's :D 7.05 miles. Felt good til mile 6 when I just felt wrecked. Ankle is niggling away at me again.

Wed 24/02 - was all set for a nice enjoyable run. Hit mile 3 and I just felt shattered. I was tempted to take a short-cut home, but I thought of the guilt I would feel later, so endured another 4 miles, before falling in the front door. 7 miles, of pure battle :(

Thurs 25/02 - determind to get over last nights miserable run, and after getting an unexpected day off work, I took to the beach for 5 miles. Much more enjoyable that the previous days effort, but I still found myself tired after it. It was bloody freezing too!

Fri 26/02 - carb loaded on Friday night with pizza, garlic bread and beer (in my defence, it was my friends birthday) :o

Sat 27/02 - Headed off for a gentle run at 10.00am. First mile was way too fast for me (7.55), so slowed it down big time for 2nd mile. Felt good, surprisingly, and kept going. Managed 9.5 miles, in 83 mins. Best mornings run in a long time.

Sun 28/02 - 5 miles. Headed to the beach. Lovely fresh morning.

Mon 01/03 - 1 hour spinning class. New music, and a new level of toughness. My legs really hurt for the most of it, and I was a sweaty mess getting off the bike. I'm doing this class 2 years, and it felt like the hardest one ever.

Tues 02/03 - I was shattered when I got home from work. Took to the bed for a hour, but was still wrecked :o Decided against a run, and stayed in by the fire instead.

Wed 03/03 - Shattered again, but after yesterdays rest day, I felt I had to get out. It was a battle of body and mind. From mile 1 to mile 3 everything was annoying me, my gear, my ipod, the cold. Then at mile 4 I encountered a drunken fool of a man, who thought it would be hilarious to run/stumble after me, waving his arms and laughing madly :eek: Yes, it was all against me last night. But I managed 7.10 miles, and was glad to get home.

• Advertisement

Thurs 04/03 - 5.85 miles avg pace 8.20 p.m. Still felt tired, but an alright run all the same. Wanted to do 7 miles, but my ankle was bothering me, so I left it at 5.85 miles. I'll rest it today, and get a long run in tomorrow.

Advertisement