Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question !

Options
  • 19-01-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

I built my own system some time ago and for family reasons I haven't really used it, just built it and installed software and then left it..

Recently I have needed to use it but realise that the DVD burner is really only acting as a CD drive ? doesn't "see" blank DVD media....

Am I missing something ? Running XP...

* its a NEC nd 3650a drive..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

additionally the DVD drive will read DVD..

I have looked on google and it might be a case that XP does not support writing to DVd automatically..

In other words I need a 3rd party program to control this like nero.....

So at this point the DVD is not seeing blank DVDs but will see pre-recorded ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ya, you'll need to find some software to do it. There are plenty of free offerings out there I just can't remember any off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

sunny2004 wrote: »
    additionally the DVD drive will read DVD..

I have looked on google and it might be a case that XP does not support writing to DVd automatically..

In other words I need a 3rd party program to control this like nero.....

So at this point the DVD is not seeing blank DVDs but will see pre-recorded ones..

This should sort you out

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,153 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

imgburn is very good (and free)

Advertisement