Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carling Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg City vs Utd (19.01.2010)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Whats all this nonsense about United selling Tevez? He was not ours to sell.......

Also just as bad is the 'we chose not to sign him' argument, we chose to sign him but himself and his agent would earn £17M more by refusing and signng for City so thats what happened. All the rest is propaganda by both sides (he had to pretend it was football reasons why he left, United had to pretend they offered the money for him and he refused to sign). The deal to sign for City was done towards last season both sides knew the deal and both sides tried to save as much face as possible by using PR overdrive modes.

Don't be an idiot and believe the media hype please, if you were in the same boat you would have made the same decision as Tevez (whatever his share of the extra money was) so don't hate him for it, its his career after all.

I accept why he did it but don't treat the fans as idiots by ptretending he wanted to stay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

jamegg wrote: »
    Small club?! We just haven't cracked the asian market yet.

Are you not worried the way your club is going? Choked in some big games against your rivals Liverpool, Leeds and City and had to sell Ronaldo to come into profit. Glazer taking loans and his Tampa team up the shiits.

As for Neville, What a fool he is. He has the maturity of an angry teenager.

lol what do you think of Tevez for his actions then?

i may aswell point out that i dont have a preoblem with either

i actually enjoy seeing passion out there

and you should stay away from the financial side since if you dont really know what your talking about, you may come across poorly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mike Dean was MOM for City last night, atrocious performance from an official.

Given was a close second, single handed saved City a battering.

Poor Tevez he was at the same crack last season at Old Trafford, unfortunately the people traffickers that own him failed to tell him he had already signed for City.

All I really saw last night was a bunch of journey men and mercenaries, all be it lucky journey men and mercenaries.

They will be hammered next week at OT. Tevez will probably announce his retirement and Mancini will be found strangled by Bellamy with that famous scarf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i assume thats tevez and barry? or do the players we signed last season count? or the season before that?

Great match, united left it too late to sting us and provided 15 minutes of heart attack football.

Not happy with the defensive play from City though, there was a possibility of a third and once we sat back and let united come at us, they started to show us just what Rooney could do. If we even try that in OT we will be hockied off the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Boggles wrote: »

All I really saw last night was a bunch of journey men and mercenaries, all be it lucky journey men and mercenaries.

As opposed to what? United weren't fielding an all-Manchester side so your argument would apply to both teams really

As opposed to what? United weren't fielding an all-Manchester side so your argument would apply to both teams really

No, thats not what I mean at all.

think you and the last poster may have missed boggles pointt by roughly the distance Tevez missed from 6 yards last night :D

oooooohhhhh zing!!!!!

only joshin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Michael Owen, a mercenary?? Surely not...

Ush1 wrote: »

Fail, Fail, Failure.

One question, how much does Owen get payed to play for United.

As I said FAIL, try harder, good lad.

• Advertisement

are we playing the who has more mercenaries game?

ok, my turn

emmm....Adebayor!

your turn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Nulty wrote: »
    So wheres all the chat about the "penalty", Brown and Evans' cock up, Bellamy escaping a yellow card, Given's miracles.....

Its never about the football anymore, its always a poxy soap opera

It may come as a shock to you but Penaltys, defending, fouls and saves are all part of football...

Fail, Fail, Failure.

One question, how much does Owen get payed to play for United.

As I said FAIL, try harder, good lad.

Haha, how do you define mercenary? Keep saying fail I 'spose, if it makes you feel better.:)

kryogen wrote: »
    are we playing the who has more mercenaries game?

ok, my turn

emmm....Adebayor!

your turn!

No, I'm not playing anything, just how stupid and ridiculously biased some people are.

No, I'm not playing anything, just how stupid and ridiculously biased some people are.

i agree

Haha, how do you define mercenary? Keep saying fail I 'spose, if it makes you feel better.:)

A Mercenary joins a club for money, big money usually.

Do you need a diagram?

• Advertisement

Mike Dean was MOM for City last night, atrocious performance from an official.

Given was a close second, single handed saved City a battering.

Poor Tevez he was at the same crack last season at Old Trafford, unfortunately the people traffickers that own him failed to tell him he had already signed for City.

They will be hammered next week at OT. Tevez will probably announce his retirement and Mancini will be found strangled by Bellamy with that famous scarf.

Nice and balanced there, I'm sure your critical review holds weight with most non United supporters.:rolleyes:

Do you need a diagram?

So Michael Owen doesn't get paid? I believe I may need a diagram for your description.

Nice and balanced there, I'm sure your critical review holds weight with most non United supporters.:rolleyes:

What part was untrue young man, apart from the jest at the end, which I'm assuming you didn't get?
    So Michael Owen doesn't get paid? I believe I may need a diagram for your description.

Are you being intentionally stupid now?

Heres one definition that I think might work,

Player leaves team that won the league, carling cup and got to the Champions League Final for a team that doesnt believe they will win the league and arent even in Europe for more money.

Heres another one for you.

A player says he wants to leave his club to play champions league football, an understandable one. He wants to challange himself. However this same player gets a big money offer from a team that finished below his current team and isnt even in Europe.

Can we all agree that this would seem like mercenary behaviour?

What part was untrue young man, apart from the jest at the end, which I'm assuming you didn't get?

Erm, how do you know if I'm young?
    Given single handedly saving them from a battering is not true at all. If you call making a decent save, which VDS made a few, saving a team from a battering...

• Advertisement

If you call making a decent save, which VDS made a few, saving a team from a battering...

I think he means making several saves. As given made a lot more then VDS, his point stands.

Erm, how do you know if I'm young?
    Given single handedly saving them from a battering is not true at all. If you call making a decent save, which VDS made a few, saving a team from a battering...

So you didn't see the match?

Why didn't you just say so FFS.

So you didn't see the match?

Why didn't you just say so FFS.

I saw two teams defending terribly. Nobody battering anyone.

Are you being intentionally stupid now?

Yes, I'm being stupid.:rolleyes:

I saw two teams defending terribly. Nobody battering anyone.

No you pointed out that Given only made one decent save which is complete horseshít and leads me to believe you didn't see the game at all, because if you had you would know you are talking horseshít?

Yes/No????

Yes, I'm being stupid.

Oh Dear. I'm going to stop chipping away at this rather hard stone I think.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Heres one definition that I think might work,

Player leaves team that won the league, carling cup and got to the Champions League Final for a team that doesnt believe they will win the league and arent even in Europe for more money.

Heres another one for you.

A player says he wants to leave his club to play champions league football, an understandable one. He wants to challange himself. However this same player gets a big money offer from a team that finished below his current team and isnt even in Europe.

Can we all agree that this would seem like mercenary behaviour?

Not according to him, he said simply if a player moves for money.

No you pointed out that Given only made one decent save which is complete horseshít and leads me to believe you didn't see the game at all, because if you had you would know you are talking horseshít?

Yes/No????

Oh Dear. I'm going to stop chipping away at this rather hard stone I think.

No I didn't *sigh* Re-read it, I was giving an example of what you were describing. I was indicating that making good saves isn't saving anyone from a battering nessacerily. A battering would intimate United clearly dominating the game, they didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

kida wrote: »
    I accept why he did it but don't treat the fans as idiots by ptretending he wanted to stay

I understand that and his constant moaning to the media did rankle me as he is only being a robot, doing with Kia asked him to.

But whats his alternative, come clean and admit he did it for the money? its done all the time, play the PR game.

No I didn't *sigh* Re-read it, I was giving an example of what you were describing. I was indicating that making good saves isn't saving anyone from a battering nessacerily. A battering would intimate United clearly dominating the game, they didn't.

58% position away from home, double the amount of shots on target.

I know you didn't see the match, but you could have at least looked at the stats. It would have saved you alot of embarrassment here.

Not according to him, he said simply if a player moves for money.

Yes Ush...

That is what my post said. You want me to explain it to you in simpler langugage?

Ok, here we go.

Example 1 - Tevez

Better football and more of a challange at United. City offering my pimp lots of money.

Which should I choose? Oh yes, the big money.

Example 2 - Barry

Stay with Villa, play in Europre and build on the success of last year. Hmmm, I like the idea of playing some Champions LEague football so id like to sign for Liverpool and they want me to sign too!

Oh wait, City, the team that finished outside even then Uefa cup places want to offer me no European football but lots of money!

I think ill take big money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Neville, the shop steward, LOL. The man has a brain the size of a peanut.

He looks good on "Dress up like a pirate day" though.

Keep trying to grow that beard Gary.

Super Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i didn't see the match, but from reports i've seen Utd were extremely unlucky last night, in particular for the last 20 minutes.

Fergie's post-match attitude seemed to say a lot. he was very confident and relaxed. he didn't seem one bit worried.

what i will say, is that it seems the defence isn't clicking. Vidic missing is a huge factor in that obviously, but no matter how good Utd can be, or how dominant they were against City, you need to be able to handle the likes of Bellamy and Tevez when they do get scraps to work with.

it was a great win for City though; a win is a win is a win. many could argue that winning without playing well is the sign of a very good team. it depends on your perspective i suppose!

all i'll say is, i don't think i'll be missing the return leg.

BolBill wrote: »

Super Tevez.

biggest thing your team have had to cheer for a while isnt it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

SlickRic wrote: »

all i'll say is, i don't think i'll be missing the replay.

Don't think the 2nd leg is on bbc (at least live). Lineker mentioned something about highlights next week. Hopefully some decent channel will show it or it'll be back to streams.

it was a great win for City though; a win is a win is a win.

Its not really though, its more like being a goal up at half time.

it was a great win for City though; a win is a win is a win. many could argue that winning without playing well is the sign of a very good team. it depends on your perspective i suppose!

Winning a league without not always playing well is the sign of a great team.

Winning a match, with a large slice of help from the main official is not the sign of a great team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

kryogen wrote: »
    biggest thing your team have had to cheer for a while isnt it

Yeah.

Roy Keane .... The Walkaway King.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Don't think the 2nd leg is on bbc (at least live). Lineker mentioned something about highlights next week. Hopefully some decent channel will show it or it'll be back to streams.

Sky Sports 1 uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

United vs City is on Sky Sports next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

BolBill wrote: »

Super Tevez.

+1

GN is a child.

Last time I heard Lawro commentating a match it was in Pro Evo.

Yes Ush...

That is what my post said. You want me to explain it to you in simpler langugage?

Ok, here we go.

Example 1 - Tevez

Better football and more of a challange at United. City offering my pimp lots of money.

Which should I choose? Oh yes, the big money.

Example 2 - Barry

Stay with Villa, play in Europre and build on the success of last year. Hmmm, I like the idea of playing some Champions LEague football so id like to sign for Liverpool and they want me to sign too!

Oh wait, City, the team that finished outside even then Uefa cup places want to offer me no European football but lots of money!

I think ill take big money.

I knew who both your examples were, doesn't change anything.

I knew who both your examples were, doesn't change anything.

Are you high?

You said that might points werent valid because Boggles said a player simply moves for big money.

Thats what my examples showed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i didn't see the match, but from reports i've seen Utd were extremely unlucky last night, in particular for the last 20 minutes.

Fergie's post-match attitude seemed to say a lot. he was very confident and relaxed. he didn't seem one bit worried.

what i will say, is that it seems the defence isn't clicking. Vidic missing is a huge factor in that obviously, but no matter how good Utd can be, or how dominant they were against City, you need to be able to handle the likes of Bellamy and Tevez when they do get scraps to work with.

all i'll say is, i don't think i'll be missing the return leg.
    Yeah, I saw that with SAF too.

He even dismissed the penalty, saying it could go either way? Something that could go for you one week and against you another. Unlike him.

What it does say to me that what he saw last night has left him with a good vision of how Utd will play leg 2. Which is far more worrying from a city perspective than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

Anyone got a gif or a link to Bellamy's Dive the "penalty" incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

folan wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw that with SAF too.

He even dismissed the penalty, saying it could go either way? Something that could go for you one week and against you another. Unlike him.

What it does say to me that what he saw last night has left him with a good vision of how Utd will play leg 2. Which is far more worrying from a city perspective than anything else.

you'd like to think (well, you wouldn't be United fans would) that Fergie will have realised we need to play 442 (and that we need some new midfielders) but we'll probably have the same starting lineup against City next week.

Sticking with my prediction from the start of this thread. 2-1 to City last night, 1-1 at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Its not really though, its more like being a goal up at half time.

obviously.

but no need to be pedantic.

they won a 90 minute football football match.
    Winning a league without not always playing well is the sign of a great team.

Winning a match, with a large slice of help from the main official is not the sign of a great team.

i didn't say it made them a 'great' team.

but to win any match against the Champions, when you don't play well and they do, must mean you have something about you, no matter how bad the official was.

but to win any match against the Champions, when you don't play well and they do, must mean you have something about you, no matter how bad the official was.

You have admitted not seeing the match.

There was nothing about them.

Ref handed them the first goal, gave City every 50/50. Bellamy and Tevez should not have been on the pitch for a finish.

Goal keeper had a blinder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

If anyone has a problem with post please report it, don't raise an issue on thread and don't resort to personal insults or you'll be banned

must mean you have something about you, no matter how bad the official was.

The only thing City had about them last night was another brilliant Given performance

• Advertisement
Advertisement