Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants around UL...

Options
  • 19-01-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a restaurant recommendation around the UL / Castletroy / Kilmurry / Annacotty area suitable to bring the parents and girlfriend after UL graduation. Any suggestions??...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Finnegans on the Dublin road is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

the italian bistro in annacotty.. Tuscany I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 onlinemonkey

Well theres Copper and Spice, and 2 good chineese places up in Annacotty beside the Italian cyberspi mentioned if your not familar with the place these are beside Synotts Pub and the other is in the village. Then there is Chungs in castletroy beside the Castletroy Park hotel (my favorite chineese in castletroy) and dont forget Cafe Noir up beside the travel lodge as they do great food for lunch and I hear their dinner is not so bad either and its a very nice place inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

I presume as it is a university graduation, You will be looking at somewhere better that a chinese :confused:??

I would go for the Castletroy Park hotel. There usually do a set graduation menu and it would be a much better setting and nicer food. Give them a ring. I had my meal there and its was lovely.

I can't see a chinese and a Itailian takeway ideal for this occassion. While they are fine on other days, just not this day.

Finnegans is ok for a big feed but its a bit pub grubby.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 34 onlinemonkey

NickDrake wrote: »
    I presume as it is a university graduation, You will be looking at somewhere better that a chinese :confused:??

I would go for the Castletroy Park hotel. There usually do a set graduation menu and it would be a much better setting and nicer food. Give them a ring. I had my meal there and its was lovely.

I can't see a chinese and a Itailian takeway ideal for this occassion. While they are fine on other days, just not this day.

Finnegans is ok for a big feed but its a bit pub grubby.

Enjoy

Thats why I mentioned and recommend Cafe Noir. Although its a bit pricy :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement