Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Institute of Bankers-Bachelor of Financial Services Part-Time

Options
  • 19-01-2010 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had completed this course recently.

I have just completed three modules from Semester 1 and am going on to to the next three in a few weeks. I am hoping to complete this sooner rather than later but I am very irritated about the current set-up they have for Stage 3.

In Semester1, Stage 3 there are only two exams (which is fine!) but in Semester 2 there is the option to complete between 1-4 exams. If you do not choose to complete all four exams you have to wait a full academic year before you can complete the final exams.

My question is, has anyone completed the four exams in the one semester? I am hoping to do this, concentrate on the assignments for all of the modules and then focus on the exams for two of the modules and repeat the other two in Sepetember.

It's a bit complicated but anyone who is familair with the course might know!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

I'm familar with the course structure but havent completed it.

Its badly designed alright. I finished the diploma section (Stage 1) and looked at the time table and at their projected finish time it would take a further 4 years to finish Stages 2 & 3.

Nuts to that. I could get another full degree in that time.

I'm think(not sure so check it out). If your exams clash and you are aiming to do a repeat. If you dont sit the original exam there might be issues with being allowed to do the repeat.

On the other hand and i only mention this as an option but the OU have automatic recognition for the stages of the BFS

http://www3.open.ac.uk/credit-transfer/professional/inst000021.shtm

Advertisement