Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2006 Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI SE - Comments

• 19-01-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi All,

I’m looking at a 2006 Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI SE (cruise control, 6 stack CD changer, auto-lights, auto wipers, etc) and was wondering if anyone has any experience of them? Are they a good car?? Anything in particular I should look out of on it (any known issues with them?)?

Also what is a reasonable price for this car? It’s got 63,000miles on it, is taxed until May 2010 and comes with 4 new tyres. It’s a private sale and the car was imported from the UK in May 2009 and has no documented service history! Am I correct in saying that you can now buy a new 407 Executive Diesel for 22,995 euro (on a scrappage deal)?? Surely this is going to reduce the price of all second hand 407’s!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

No service history? That'd be the end of the conversation for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

Anan1 wrote: »
    No service history? That'd be the end of the conversation for me.

I know that "no service history" would scare alot of people but just cos it hasn't got a history doesn't mean that it was never serviced!!

I'm looking to get a rough idea what a reasonable price for the vehicle would be with the details above in mind??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

if you're talking miles, then it's a UK import, and UK car with no history to me = clocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Matt406 wrote: »
    I know that "no service history" would scare alot of people but just cos it hasn't got a history doesn't mean that it was never serviced!!

I'm looking to get a rough idea what a reasonable price for the vehicle would be with the details above in mind??
    As colm says, you'd have to make an offer on the basis that it was clocked. Not worth the hassle, IMO, when there are properly documented and cared-for cars around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

Don't touch it- no service history = clocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Ryan T wrote: »
    Don't touch it- no service history = clocked

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

rustynutz wrote: »
    +1

OK I've decided against the imported 407 with no history.

I'm still going to look at another one pretty much the exact same spec!
    Anyone have an opinion on the 407 2.0 HDI good/bad or indifferent??

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

I see there is an uncertainty of the correct mileage here ....:confused:
    I'm sure the english reg maybe somewhere on the documents or if not you could ring a uk dealer,give them the vin number and they can tell you what reg it was...:)
    Then get it checked out with the u.k. cartell..:)

Generally the 2.0 hdi's 407's have plenty of power comfort,road holding and are usally well kitted with autowipes/lights/alarm etc..etc...:)

The things to look out for are...
    1)dpf and dmf problems @100kish
    2)Egr valves can also give some trouble
    3)Abs speed sensors can also fail.
    But these seem common problems on modern diesels today...:rolleyes:

Maybe ask the owner if they had the any problems with the dpf (diesel partical filter)or with they clutch/dmf (dual mass flywheel).

One thing about the 20 hdi compaired to the 1.6 hdi is that the mpg works out around mid 40's as opposed to mid 50's with the 1.6 hdi....but the
    extra power makes up for it...:)

Some useful info here... www.407owners.com/forums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, do the maths, you may find that importing one might not work out much cheaper than buying one here. These cars have poor resale value here so there might be a bargin to be had. Something like this:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200938195214633

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

As a matter of interest are they an okay car ? I'm looking for a cheaper to run car for the wife, small engined diesel either 1.5 Diesel (Megane) or maybe 1.6 (407 Laguna) .

Are the ****e ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement