Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnesses sought to Waterford assault

• 19-01-2010 12:45pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0119/waterford.html

An investigation is under way into an assault on a woman in Waterford city earlier this morning.

The woman, who was in her early 20s, was accosted by a man at around 6am in the Johnstown area of the city and was dragged to South Parade where she raised the alarm by banging on a door.

She suffered injuries to her head and eye and was taken to Waterford Regional Hospital.
    Advertisement

Gardaí are appealing for witnesses to the incident.

The man is described as 1.6m (5'5'') in height. He was wearing a dark-coloured hooded top and a dark baseball cap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Feck sake isnt he some hard man. Hopefully he is caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Yeah saw the Gardai had cordoned off two houses for forensic examination this morning as I go down South Parade every morning on my way to work.
    Poor girl. Area isn't the most lit up at night very dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

That's disgraceful. Was often around that part of town heading home after a night out and it is dangerously dark for what is a main road. Was she going to work or something or coming home at that time? It's an unusual time for that to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

jesus i mean that is awful. You'd say one thing if it was 3 in the morning not that you'd except it. But 6 i'm sure the poor girl was just going to work. Hope they catch him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

WLR 4PM NEWS: 29 year old man arrested in relation to the assault

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Tough guy no doubt. If he is the guy then you would hope the book is thrown at him but I doubt it will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

sounds like some scumbag skanger. he'll probably come out with all kinds of sob stories to excuse his actions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Instead of charging him, they should just release his name and address to the public. See how hard he is then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

5'5" inches of low life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Orlaithc9

Thats so awful. The poor girl.
    There was also a reporting of a murder at lunch time today - I hope not but wouldnt surprise me after this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

i hope no one ere gets jury service , talking bout guilty till proven innocent :confused:,

could ave been anything ,a domestic, date gone pear shaped, muslim goin out without her burka etc........

but on the other hand it was most likely a smackhead mugging attempt ,since theres such an enormous heroin problem in around town at the moment......

Hoffmans wrote: »
    i hope no one ere gets jury service , talking bout guilty till proven innocent :confused:,

could ave been anything ,a domestic, date gone pear shaped, muslim goin out without her burka etc........

but on the other hand it was most likely a smackhead mugging attempt ,since theres such an enormous heroin problem in around town at the moment......

Get some perspective FFS! No matter what the scenario, there's just no excuse for a girl getting beaten like that by a guy.

And are any of those examples acceptable my friend? There is no excuse for any form of violence imo like this bar self defence or protecting someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

the man involved muct be a bit of a case to do that to her,,drag her from johnstown to nearly the peoples park and think he can get away with it ,,,,madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

i hope no one ere gets jury service , talking bout guilty till proven innocent
    So did you hand yourself in or did they arrest you following information received.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭foxylad

ive heard this was a boyfriend/girlfriend fight - coming from a party - seemingly they get into trouble quite bit after a few drinks

its sad to see this kind of behaviour in our city - but it goes on unfortunatly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If only you read all the posts instead of blindly going over them
    Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Tough guy no doubt. If he is the guy then you would hope the book is thrown at him but I doubt it will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 waterfordanon

foxylad wrote: »
    ive heard this was a boyfriend/girlfriend fight - coming from a party - seemingly they get into trouble quite bit after a few drinks

its sad to see this kind of behaviour in our city - but it goes on unfortunatly!

it was not a boyfriend/girlfriend fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

it was not a boyfriend/girlfriend fight
    so there was alchol involved then ? how are the aa in the know....

anyway you must respect other peoples native customs and ways
    we do live in a multicultural city if yee got out a little more it would be obvious to all...

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

It wasn't a couple, because the police released a description.

Why would they be looking for a guy who was "around 5'5", wearing a dark hoody with a baseball cap", if the victim could just say: "Shur it was me lack boi."

• Advertisement

we do live in a multicultural city if yee got out a little more it would be obvious to all...

If these customs involve beating a woman, I'm not going to respect them, are you? Maybe these fcukers should respect the law of the country they live in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

The gardai got the man and he's up in court next Tuesday.

Ok obvious trolling but I'll bite,

I once read that In Afganistan a woman had sex before an aranged marriage. Her first cousin poured petrol on her and set her on fire. Not only was this man not chraged he was seen as a hero. do you want to see this happen over in hillview?

Now, I'm all for people having their own idenity BUT if this kind of "culture" or any form of violence is not welcome here. Non nationals cannot have it everyway, if you arrive into a different country/culture then you have to adjust your ways to be flexible.

Now I won't be addressing this issue again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ziedth wrote: »
    Ok obvious trolling but I'll bite,

I once read that In Afganistan a woman had sex before an aranged marriage. Her first cousin poured petrol on her and set her on fire. Not only was this man not chraged he was seen as a hero. do you want to see this happen over in hillview?

Now, I'm all for people having their own idenity BUT if this kind of "culture" or any form of violence is not welcome here. Non nationals cannot have it everyway, if you arrive into a different country/culture then you have to adjust your ways to be flexible.

Now I won't be addressing this issue again.
    i believe its called an honour killing. Seen some of them online

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd fully agree that we should respect customs and ways, however this stops at allowing a person to assult another person.

Its illegal to do so in this country and if they want to do so they should go to a country where it is legal, its a very serious matter and not something that can be pushed aside with the excuse that its a custom.

If it was a custom to kill somebody that hishonoured your family (say cheated with your wife) do you think they should also be allowed to do this in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Was this an attempted rape or a mugging or do we know what was going on yet?

Also why are people on about multicultural customs? Was it conformed to be a foreign national? And even if it was, this is Waterford now not fcukin outer Mongolia, you dont drag women half way around the town to have a chat with them:rolleyes:

Id love to string this cnut up in the peoples park. Fckuin do gooders coming on here then innocent til proven guilty, no fcukin wonder half the women raped dont report it to the guards.

it was an attempted rape but as the act wasnt done and its hard to prove his intention then its just being classed as a serious assault. the girl was extremely lucky to have gotten away when she did.

just because i have anon in my username does not mean i have anything to do with alcoholics anonymous and does not imply that alcohol was involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Isnt this guy up in court today?

Most likely he`l be home in time for dinner and out on the prowl again next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭itsonlywords

Give him a fair trial I say................Then hang the bastard. Judge Roy Bean

Advertisement