Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of spare wood

• 19-01-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently insulating the attic eaves (attic is converted), putting down proper flooring. As a consequence, I have lots of pieces of spare wood, both left in the attic from the conversion, and removing the current bits and pieces being used as flooring.

What's the best way to get rid of all this? The gap beside the shed is already full :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Whats sort of shapes/sizes. If your interested , I could take some or all off your hands ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Cut it up small enough,burn it in the fire(assuming you have one),you get rid of the timber and get heat as well! win win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Unfortunately, I don't think the gas fire would like that :)

It's random wood in the truest sense, beams, chipboard, random offcuts, a few items are painted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

If you can post up a picture of the different pieces, Id be interested. doesnt matter if its painted or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I think what you are saying in an asre about face way is you have wood free to take away and is anyone interested.

If no one takes you up on the offer you have 3 choices.

1. Wait till the 31st october.

2. Burn the wood or dispose of it slowly

3/ Get a skip or a skip bag...

Why not advertise it on adverts.ie ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement