Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching football in Ennis

• 19-01-2010 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of any decent places to watch matches around Ennis? In particular, I'm thinking about City vs United on BBC tonight.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think the Diamond usually get a few United supporters in there, if I was going out to watch a match on a Tuesday night I would head there, smallish bar so it doesn't seem empty and usually the locals are friendly, it's on O'Connell St.

Other options would be Knox's, big bar and there usually seems a big crowd for matches, I think the Ennis Liverpool Supporters Club meet there, so mightn't be too United friendly :) That's on Abbey Street.

Actually, now that I think of it, there are so many options available within 5 minutes of each other I'd recommend just taking a quick walk around to be honest, start at Cruises, check the Library, Ciaran's (around the corner on the left), up past All Bar 1, Knox's and The Brewery. From the Square you'll be able to see O'Halloran's, there might be a crowd in there, check down O'Connell St. for The Diamond and Brogan's (down past Supermacs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Clareman wrote: »
    I think the Diamond usually get a few United supporters in there, if I was going out to watch a match on a Tuesday night I would head there, smallish bar so it doesn't seem empty and usually the locals are friendly, it's on O'Connell St.

Other options would be Knox's, big bar and there usually seems a big crowd for matches, I think the Ennis Liverpool Supporters Club meet there, so mightn't be too United friendly :) That's on Abbey Street.

Actually, now that I think of it, there are so many options available within 5 minutes of each other I'd recommend just taking a quick walk around to be honest, start at Cruises, check the Library, Ciaran's (around the corner on the left), up past All Bar 1, Knox's and The Brewery. From the Square you'll be able to see O'Halloran's, there might be a crowd in there, check down O'Connell St. for The Diamond and Brogan's (down past Supermacs)

Cheers man, I think I'll avoid Knox's :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm a United fan myself and if I was to go out to watch a match it would be to the Diamond to be honest, I would mention that I was a Chris Jericho fan but they wouldn't know what I meant, feel free to mention hurling as well, after all last time we played you we won (the Under 21 counts, right)

I forgot about Patrick's in the Market as well, it's newly open, I haven't been in there for a match ever so I can't comment, if you find the Diamond and Brogan's quite, continue walking and go right at Dunnes, past the Record Rack, you'll see Paddy Quinn's and Moroney's on your right, go past Xtra-Vision and The 3G shop, go left, Patrick's is up here, The Usual Place is beside it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'm a United fan myself and if I was to go out to watch a match it would be to the Diamond to be honest, I would mention that I was a Chris Jericho fan but they wouldn't know what I meant, feel free to mention hurling as well, after all last time we played you we won (the Under 21 counts, right)

I forgot about Patrick's in the Market as well, it's newly open, I haven't been in there for a match ever so I can't comment, if you find the Diamond and Brogan's quite, continue walking and go right at Dunnes, past the Record Rack, you'll see Paddy Quinn's and Moroney's on your right, go past Xtra-Vision and The 3G shop, go left, Patrick's is up here, The Usual Place is beside it

Do they show the WWE PPV's in there live? Sounds great. :) (hopefully)

I don't know if they do, I don't know of anywhere that does around town to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ah, we won't begrude you the u21s.... well, not for one year at least ;)

Ended up watching it in the last place you mentioned up from Supermacs, it was the first place i stumbled across. Actually, I watched a match in their before I moved out this way (actually, it was the u21 final!), so thats 0 for 2 in there.

I doubt anywhere would show the WWE PPVs... I've never heard of any place that does anyways.

Advertisement