Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seemingly can't get broadband.

• 19-01-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm at my wits end here so hopefully you can help!

I moved into an apartment in Sallins in Kildare back in early october. Great place, handy for the train and naas etc.

Now, there are 3 phone points in the property but when I connected the phone and did the line tests there was nothing (I'm the first resident) so needed to order a new line.

Rang eircom, they said it could take 2 weeks to get someone out, and they were right. However when the engineer came out he said that the Developer didn't install wiring and Eircom had no access to the site.

I contacted the developer who said that eircom were full of sh1t (exact words) and said they'd pulled the exact same thing on him before and basically I needed to just tell them to do it. Just to be safe I got a letter from him saying that eircom had access to the site and sent it to them.

Rang eircom again, explained to the engineer what developer said and they said they'd be out again. Never came. Rang them and rang them and rang them and they said they had no record of me even calling them in the first place.

So. Arranged a new engineer to come out, due to be here this week. I do have a sinking feeling that they won't install anything though.

My question is has anyone experienced incompetence of this level before and if so how did you deal with it?
    Are there any other service providers in the country who can provide a phone line for Broadband?
    And is anyone else living in Sallins and know of any decent broadband providers that actually can provide a service!?

NTL can't, Digiweb can't, Ice can't, BT can't and clearwire can't.

Many thanks for reading this.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It used to take 2 years about 2 years back so 2 weeks is nothing.

Get the developer to SHOW you this wiring and where it enters the estate. There should be a green or grey cabinet somewhere. Have you cable telly by any chance and from whom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Fannymcslap

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It used to take 2 years about 2 years back so 2 weeks is nothing.

Get the developer to SHOW you this wiring and where it enters the estate. There should be a green or grey cabinet somewhere. Have you cable telly by any chance and from whom ?

I've got sky in from a shared dish? Can't say I've seen a green or grey cabinet anywhere, that's a bad sign isn't it?

Advertisement