Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free unlocks for BFBC2 and the Veterans program

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Plz dont tell me you are one of those guys that runs around just looking for TAGS...Man I hate you guys BIG TIME....

LMAO.

Coming from someone commenting on ranking up being too easy i'm lolin a little.

No this is my first game where i've been able to claim tags for the knife kills.

Anyone from back in Bf2 will remember my stabby nature, I take knife kills that present themselves and they are much easier since now its instant kill and a quick key. Must say though I do miss the old knife as a weapon selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes i can vouch for that he was a bit if a knife whore, but then so am I.

yes i can vouch for that he was a bit if a knife whore, but then so am I.

You coming back to the bf frontline SD?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Whats wrong with saying the ranking system is/was too easy????

I mean BF2 was perfect, I played that to death and only got to capt.....perfect pacing if you ask me. If it was not for BF2142 I prolly would have stayed with it.

All those late nights just to get to the next rank..man I will never get that time back.....PMSL

But then you had peeps playing nearly 24/7 on the one account....Ah well.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Whats wrong with saying the ranking system is/was too easy????

I mean BF2 was perfect, I played that to death and only got to capt.....perfect pacing if you ask me. If it was not for BF2142 I prolly would have stayed with it.

All those late nights just to get to the next rank..man I will never get that time back.....PMSL

But then you had peeps playing nearly 24/7 on the one account....Ah well.

Ah yeah bf2 ranking was pretty decent but the expansions giving guns at the start that were ridiculously better and being able to use them in vanilla bf2 was ridiculous. There are quite a lot of unlocks in this game though so they need to do the ranking just right. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Not really sure how this Veteran thing works. I've registered Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, Battlefield 2, and Road To Rome, Secret Weapons and Special Forces (although I know expansions don't count), and yet only have a rank of 2! Anyone any idea how exactly they count the games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Not really sure how this Veteran thing works. I've registered Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, Battlefield 2, and Road To Rome, Secret Weapons and Special Forces (although I know expansions don't count), and yet only have a rank of 2! Anyone any idea how exactly they count the games?

Seems to only be the main games, but BF2, BFV and 1942 should give you rank 3 I would have thought. Then again the page is fairly broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Sanjuro wrote: »

Same here, though I wouldnt worry too much. Most of the guys I played BF2 with had all the weapons unlocked, however we nearly 100% played with the stock weapons.

Anyways a few hours play and you will have unlocked the other guns. Its just the Shiny Shiny that appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Spear wrote: »
    Seems to only be the main games, but BF2, BFV and 1942 should give you rank 3 I would have thought. Then again the page is fairly broken.

That's what I thought too! Maybe they're still working out the kinks. But 1942, Vietnam and 2 should all count as individual games. Unless they don't count Vietnam... as in 1942 was the original, BF2 was the sequel, and everything inbetween was like Treyarch's games in the COD series (which I've now abandoned after the clusterf..k that was MW2).

Anyway, I'm just doing it so I can unlock the Thompson and Garand. I'll mostly use the stock unlocks, but those two guns are my favorite submachine gun and rifle of all time, so I'd like to have them for giggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Where do you go to check the unlocks or what rank you have been given guys?
    :confused:

• Advertisement

site seems to be down atm they must be working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

airblazer has a rank of 5 - care to share what games you registered?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still cant use my garand :(
    I could use on day one but since then its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

think its gonna be down inline with the maintance on the servers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I bought special edition from steam and I think that all the guns you get in this offer, I already got

I'll never use the thompson or garand, but the 1911 is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've a rank of 5 but not sure if BC2/Heroes are included in it.

Basically Battlefield 2/ 2142/ Vietnam/ Bad company (xbox) , Battlefield 2 (xbox).
    I think i'm the highest rank I've seen...not sure:)

i think im rank 6 or 7 cant remember and as the site is still down I cant check. I wonder will it be fixed after todays patch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

i think im rank 6 or 7 cant remember and as the site is still down I cant check. I wonder will it be fixed after todays patch.

The replacement site is here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055859915

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

According to the vet page you can have maximum of 9 titles which for your Vet level says subtract 1 which means the maximum level is 8.
    However in the game I'm level 9 :D

Advertisement