Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reserving tables

Options
  • 19-01-2010 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

trying to reserve some tables in a pub for a friends 21st drinks
    rang dandiloin on stephens green and was told its 100euro to reserve a table for 10 people which includes a platter of food and access to the night club.

for anyone who has organised this before,does that sound expensive?
    never organised one of these before so not sure what the going rate is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Twixster

That sounds very expensive. I reserved a couple of tables in Dicey's before (Harcourt St) for a hen party and they actually gave us a couple of platters for free along with access to the nite clube. This was a Friday night as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 hubabuba

Twixster wrote: »
    That sounds very expensive. I reserved a couple of tables in Dicey's before (Harcourt St) for a hen party and they actually gave us a couple of platters for free along with access to the nite clube. This was a Friday night as far as I remember.

thanks, thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure as ive never organised
    any of these before. do you remember if you had to pay to reserve the tables?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

You actually got there 10 mins before me! I was just about post a same thread! I contacted Diceys and they take reservations before 8pm. But my group won't be there til 9.30pm. Diceys is free to reserve and if you get there before 6.30pm I think it's a free platter of food. I THINK!

100 euro is far too expensive! Try Messr's aswell, they do reserved areas for free. €35 a platter of hot food. I'm not going for Messrs cos I've been there loads of times and wanna go somewhere different.

I'm looking for aplace that can accommodate about 20 - 30 people in a late bar, no food necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

hubabuba wrote: »
    thanks, thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure as ive never organised
    any of these before. do you remember if you had to pay to reserve the tables?

Ring Diceys, they'll reserve tables for you and throw in food for free. If you arrive before 8 i think it is free in too.

No Dicey's don't charge to reserve. And we would reserve places around Dublin quite alot for work nights out and we've never had to pay.
    100 is a bit celtic tigerish!!
    I think they should be happy that they are guaranteed so many people buying drinks for the night.

• Advertisement

Twixster wrote: »
    No Dicey's don't charge to reserve. And we would reserve places around Dublin quite alot for work nights out and we've never had to pay.
    100 is a bit celtic tigerish!!
    I think they should be happy that they are guaranteed so many people buying drinks for the night.

thanks guys, might give them a ring and try battle them down, failing that ill
    try somewhere else

@donegalgirl28 do you mean your were told by dicyes that your group has to be in before 8 if you want to reserve tables otherwise they wont do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

trying to reserve some tables in a pub for a friends 21st drinks
    rang dandiloin on stephens green and was told its 100euro to reserve a table for 10 people which includes a platter of food and access to the night club.

for anyone who has organised this before,does that sound expensive?
    never organised one of these before so not sure what the going rate is

Since it costs 10euro to get into the night club you are getting a free platter of food! That isn't too expensive though if there are 10 of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

I got this email from my friend about D2 - they seem to take bookings and give free food too:

"Cheap Drink

€5 cocktails till 11, 7 days a week

Pints, Bottled Beers and House Spirits €3.50 from 5-8 on Fridays

Free Food

Free platters for groups of 5 or more on Thursdays & Fridays

To make a booking simply call Alan on 01 4764 603 or email him at info@dtwonightclub.com and let him know how many people will be coming and the time and date they’ll be arriving. "

I got this email from my friend about D2 - they seem to take bookings and give free food too:

"Cheap Drink

€5 cocktails till 11, 7 days a week

Pints, Bottled Beers and House Spirits €3.50 from 5-8 on Fridays

Free Food

Free platters for groups of 5 or more on Thursdays & Fridays

To make a booking simply call Alan on 01 4764 603 or email him at info@dtwonightclub.com and let him know how many people will be coming and the time and date they’ll be arriving. "

thanks for that.
    tried to battle down Dandeloin but they were having none of it.
    feck em, they just lost 30 customers.

thanks for that.
    tried to battle down Dandeloin but they were having none of it.
    feck em, they just lost 30 customers.

Jeepers 30 customers at an average of €5 a drink and if ye have 5 drinks each that's €750 quid they'd be getting, silly silly Dandeloin :eek:
    For the sake of the €100 booking fee you'd think they'd waiver it since there's so many of ye :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Try Capitol Bar on Aungier St. I was there before with a group and there was no fee to reserve. Not sure if they do food though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Howl at the moon have free reservations and platters for group bookings, your party's name will be listed at the staircase upon entry too ... very professional ... drink a bit expensive though , goes up after 11 pm too ....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dord wrote: »
    Try Capitol Bar on Aungier St. I was there before with a group and there was no fee to reserve. Not sure if they do food though.

They've been also known to throw in free Champers and even some coctails. I think if you book in advance you can order food platters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I organised some college society nights in MacTurcaills on Townsend St last year. They reserved an area for us for free and were very helpful on the night. Platters were cheap (10-20 euro each) and came with lots of food. We ordered a few and they staggered them throughout the night so we never went hungry. That was midweek though, not sure what they would do on weekends.

Give them a call or go into them - they're very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Logically most places will do it for free or give it to you cheap enough, you get 10 people here at 8 or 9pm and you'll spend a fortune there.

Logically most places will do it for free or give it to you cheap enough, you get 10 people here at 8 or 9pm and you'll spend a fortune there.

you would think that but obviously dandeloin dosent think they need any extra custom. must be very busy in there every weekend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Wouldn't bother with Dandelion personally, hate that place.

Try Spy on South William Street, you can reserve tables, not sure of the price/if there is a cost, but all cocktails are €5 before 11pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Dord wrote: »

Their door policy can mess it up, however. I went with a group once and they decided to refuse admission to the last two of us, for no discernible reason. None of us had been drinking yet, and the two they stopped were probably the best-dressed of the bunch.

It meant rounding up the rest of the group, some of whom had already paid for their drinks. The whole business started the evening on a really uncomfortable note.

I even wrote to the management about it, something I'd never done to a bar before, but of course they never replied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Twee. wrote: »
    Wouldn't bother with Dandelion personally, hate that place.

Try Spy on South William Street, you can reserve tables, not sure of the price/if there is a cost, but all cocktails are €5 before 11pm!

Some of the cocktails are great too, and wine is really cheap by the bottle.

It hasn't closed down, has it? I tried to meet someone there at six or seven one day last week, and it was shut.

Another possiblility, OP, is Pravda. I don't know if they take bookings, but they seem very friendly and they're serving pints for four quid at the moment.

Some of the cocktails are great too, and wine is really cheap by the bottle.

It hasn't closed down, has it? I tried to meet someone there at six or seven one day last week, and it was shut.

Another possiblility, OP, is Pravda. I don't know if they take bookings, but they seem very friendly and they're serving pints for four quid at the moment.

Yeah I was on Mojitos and Cosmos that night, they were delicious. Dunno if the OP is male or female, but it would be a great night for the ladies!

It only has club nights from Wednesday to Saturday afaik, so there's a chance they don't open those days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Any place that charges to reserve isn't living in the real world right now and should be told to go and sh1te imo.

Also, I wouldn't give them a dime for a platter of deep fried assorted sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

@donegalgirl28 do you mean your were told by dicyes that your group has to be in before 8 if you want to reserve tables otherwise they wont do it?

Yep! I'd prefer it if I could go in anytime cos I'll be going for a meal with my family first then heading it around 10pm but my mates will be there from 9pm but I don't wanna have to ask them to go in at 7.30pm or summat.:o

I found an gorgeous place called O'Reilly's on Tara St. Free food for groups of 20 and free to reserved. Very cheap drinks aswell! €5 cocktails! I've emailed them to see if they can do it.

I might try that Capitol bar aswell. If you are there for a reserved space, surely they must let you in? Howl At The Moon, haven't been there but I heard it's full of people I don't wanna be associated with TBH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

Hi guys,

I am having my leaving drinks from work on Friday of next week and I am just wondering about places to go, need to reserve an area for approx 15 people.

Looking for places in the Stephen's Green area (not Diceys, every work thing is there!!!), had been thinking about Dandelion but as per first post €100 is ridiculous, D2 looks good but people in office aren't big fans....any suggestions welcome :D

Would prefer somewhere with drinks promos/cheap drinks/free food that kinda thing if possible, thanks guys

Bia Bar is a nice spot. Had work Christmas drinks there last year. Food was what you'd expect from platters; deep fried and mini!

http://www.biabar.ie/booking.html

Advertisement