Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night Classes in Sewing

• 19-01-2010 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if there are any night classes in Sewing at the moment- Dublin area? I wanted to do the one The Donahies Community School-Donaghmede, but it is all booked up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Marino College in Fairview run a dressmaking course. Check your local library as they will have full lists of all evening courses available in the area.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cailin Amhain

I'd try looking at local parish or community centres too - I live in Dundrum and remember the one on the road up to The Goat/Stillorgan direction doing sewing classes.

Also if you check www.re-dress.ie you'll find a group called re-dress who are into ethical fashion, and they do evenings like 'French knickers and cocktails' where you learn to make underwear, or Crafternoon Tea which is a kind of sewing workshop about how to re-work old clothes into something new, with a course on pattern drafting too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I did a dressmaking course in the Grafton Academy a few years ago. 10 x 2 hours classes and thought it was quite good.

This topic pops up a bit in the Arts & Crafts forum, so you might want to check that out too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I went to Crafternoon with some mates and we had a lot of fun, but i wouldn't recommend it if you wanted to learn to sew properly or were starting from scratch as they didn't spend a lot of time teaching you how. It was a lovely day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hunnybee

Cheers for the above- try call a few

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Hey, my friend teaches a course in ringsend technical institute here, she's brilliant!

She has everyone from total beginners to people drafting -where you draw and make from scratch your own pattern. Her course is one of the few in Ringsend that always sells out.

God I sound like a total advert :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Forgot to add you can check http://www.nightcourses.com/ for all evening classes in your area, no association but it's a great resource

Advertisement