Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP Panic PGCE Question!

Options
  • 19-01-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I've just returned from Oz and moved to a new town but im interested in persuing a career as a primary school teacher.

I have a business degree and for experience worked with kids in care.
    I dont want to waste another year as I'm nearly 30 and would like to start studying this Sept.

I dont mind studying in the uk but from what I've read I think i've missed out as people are attending interviews at the minute.
    UCAS is open till 22nd but can I use it to apply for a PGCE. I dont mind studying anywhere in the uk, my preference would be wales so I could perhaps commute??
    My old college careers officer was vague with details.I wont get to see her till thursday so as you can see im cutting it fine!

I'm hoping someone can help? Could I perhaps go to colleges in the uk and make an application directly? or does anyone know of other ways of getting accepted. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

google gttr . that's the site for uk teacher training applications. yeah as far as i understand it for PRIMARY teaching december 1 was the date to have you're application automatically go to your first preference. you're choices are now more limited but i think you can still apply

Advertisement