Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hat Badges,Shoulder Titles and Collar Badges

• 19-01-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

There are many variants of badges and titles on a soldiers uniform,here are three that I have,two hat badges one to the Somerset Light Infantry(I have my doubts on this one) and another to the Welsh Fusiliers from the WW1 period,as for authenticity its hard to tell,they are many fakes and reproductions going around these days so hopefully somebody here can throw some light on the matter,last up is an Officers Collar Badge made of silver and is from the 1st Canadian Tank Battalion,the pin has broken off from the back but a nice scarce piece again given to me by my local jeweller.I have four more WW2 German hat badges that I will post up when I get a chance.Please feel free to add any ye may have.

039.jpg

038.jpg

037.jpg

036.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Picked this one up lately,a Leinster Regiment cap badge with lugs to the rear however one lug has been broken off.

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Here are a couple from the Lancers (who had an Easter Rising connection if I recall correctly). I don't know enough about them to say for certain when they were made.

This one is undated:

Medals62.jpg

Reverse

Medals63.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

This is the same design but a modern one, again not sure of the date or authenticity. Possibly this one is fake but have to say it appears to be solidly made.

Medals64.jpg

Medals65.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mylesie

Sorry if this is carpet-bagging - can anyone identify this German badge?
    Thanks

img1322.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

The leinster regiment bi metal badge is a great example of a victorian/edwardian period badge with 2 lugs,totally genuine with 4 sweatholes to the reverse,they sell for about £35-£40 on dealers lists.A nice badge.
    Regasrds,
    KK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭R.Dub.Fusilier

Here is some badges i have collected . about 95% bought in Dublin. sorry some of the pics aren't the best quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mylesie

Here is some badges i have collected . about 95% bought in Dublin. sorry some of the pics aren't the best quality.
    I imagine the collar dogs will be well sought after???

Very nice collection Royal Dub,would you mind telling me what the Royal Irish Regiment and Connaught Rangers VC cap badges are making these days??.Here is a selection of German cap badges in aluminium with prongs on the back.

2616.jpg

2617.jpg

2615.jpg

2614.jpg

Mylesie wrote: »
    I imagine the collar dogs will be well sought after???

it took a while to come across the 2 RDF officers collar dogs and the RDF one from india but the RDF other ranks i picked up for e10 , i think, in the northstar hotel and the connaught rangers ones i got at 2 different times. i get my badges from a bloke who trades at thr northstar fairs and he gives me a good price as i use him all the time and i'm not going to sell them on.

arnhem44 wrote: »
    Very nice collection Royal Dub,would you mind telling me what the Royal Irish Regiment and Connaught Rangers VC cap badges are making these days??.Here is a selection of German cap badges in aluminium with prongs on the back.

2616.jpg

2617.jpg

2615.jpg

2614.jpg

i got the leinster regiment cap badge with some LR medals i bought so have no idea of the price but it was in a bad way when i got it. i think i paid about e50 for the CR cap badge with the harp a couple of years ago but the one underneath that, as far as i know but am sure i will be corrected on this, is not a cap badge but was used for bags and satchels etc. which is why it is easier to pick up due to the higher volume in which they were produced.but to answer your question i have no idea how much the would sell for.

i dont have any third reich stuff my self. i have an SA tie pin that a friend gave me about 20 years ago and a book in french from 1936 signed by Leon Degrelle. i also have 4 german WW1 medals court mounted which i dont know much about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Collected over the years, some buttons as well,some were bargains but others I paid well for,last purchase was the DF glengarry badge for 15 euro all the way from the USA and 100% genuine:D I have also shown some rear pics of some genuine badges.
    Regards,
    KK

Great collection of badges there lads,they look so well when there altoghter,very nice.

Advertisement